Warning about BB's black Friday 42" Sharp LCD T.V.

Sue-Z-Q

If you got the Sharp 42" LCD T.V. at Best Buy on Black Friday, you might want to make sure it works as soon as you can. I got one for my mom for Christmas and decided to give it to her early. Thankfully I did! It doesn't work! She opened the box, pulled out the T.V., plugged it in and nothing but a black screen. Best Buy has not been all to helpful either. They offered a refund, whoopee. They also offered the Geeksquad to come and look at it (I bought the extended warranty), but cautioned if they were to come out and look at it it would no longer be returnable. I had to call Sharp, and now it's at the repair shop. :no:

I'm glad it's working for the two of you. Perhaps you can pass the info along to the friend who has not picked it up yet. I would hate for someone to be holding onto it for a gift (Christmas or other) and miss the return period of January 24th (I think).

No problem! I usually always get my DD's birthday gifts while Christmas shopping, as her birthday is January 11th. Fortunately, that falls within the return period for most retailers, but you never know. I picked up the $248. (walmart) laptop for my son's birthday (March 20th), so this is a lesson to me to open it, and make sure it's in proper working order before then.

• 4 weeks later...

If you got the Sharp 42" LCD T.V. at Best Buy on Black Friday, you might want to make sure it works as soon as you can. I got one for my mom for Christmas and decided to give it to her early. Thankfully I did! It doesn't work! She opened the box, pulled out the T.V., plugged it in and nothing but a black screen. Best Buy has not been all to helpful either. They offered a refund, whoopee. They also offered the Geeksquad to come and look at it (I bought the extended warranty), but cautioned if they were to come out and look at it it would no longer be returnable. I had to call Sharp, and now it's at the repair shop. :no:

Works great. Not as bright as the Sony Bravia, but then again I paid about 3 1/2 times more for the 32" Bravia I am switching out for the 42" Sharp.