Radio shack's 3.6" DVD Player good gift?

sperdue

i don't know anything about this but i want to get one for my son.wal marts black friday ad has a ventrer 6.5 for 79 dollars and a carrying case for under 10 bucks.if i were to get it i think i would go with the radio shack name versus a no name one for less.i might get the one on black friday also just noticing at k mart the BF special is a memorex 7 inch portable dvd player for 89.99 after rebate.a good name

also noticed k mart has venturer items.maybe that name is a new company coming out

the dvd player at radio shack on black friday is going to be 59.99

This one seems to be really compact, so it could pretty much go anywhere. Also, doesn't appear to have a flip screen. It said something about top loading. Doesn't come w/headphones though.

what do you mean? no headphone? can i watch DVD in my car?:confused: :confused:

yeah probably, but for 30 more dollars you can have the 89.99 one at kmart that is a 7" name brand memorex and would be much more enjoyable, a 3.6" screen is quite small. Walmart running one for 79.99, and I imagine Best Buy and Circuit City will both have deals on portable dvd players, so probably wait to decide until you see their ads. Twice the screen size could make a big "watchability" difference" Radio shack is not known for quality dvd players if it is indeed a "radio shack" brand player.

truthfully i think when you see it in person you may opt for the bigger one. i got the 5" ones last yr at walmat. they are small but not bad i saw my sons friend with the other and boy was it tiny.. hard for more than one person to watch i imagine. maybe you could go ahead of time and look at the different sizes. or take a ruler and draw the 3" on paper its small. the 5 was pretty go 7' would be really good. i bet the one radio shack has is about the same screen as a gameboys. i could be wrong though. kathy