What is your Thanksgiving day schedule like?

floridasun5

I thought it would be fun if we shared what our Thanksgiving day schedule is like. I know many people cook, many people just wait to go to relatives, many shop, many wait in line, etc. So what's your Thanksgiving day schedule like?

Here's mine:

Wake up by 7am at the latest and go to CVS for a newspaper and the Thanksgiving day sale with all the freebies! :cheesy:

Come back home, make coffee and breakfast :gdmornincoffee:

Watch the Thanksgiving day parade while looking at the paper

Go to dinner at parents house about 1pm and will stay until about 5-6ish. :gd_steeri:2letseat:

Come home, give the dogs their Thanksgiving meal and then make the concrete plan for the morning

This year I may have to do it a bit different since I wont be able to see my boyfriend until the evening, I might try to make my concrete BF plan in the morning while watching the parade and then go and visit him after dinner.

Head to bed by 10-11pm to be able to get up early BF morning and SHOP! :woot2:

My day is actually quite tame this year. I decided against trying to go to 3 houses for the day. This year I will watch the parade with my kids, then head over to my dad's house for dinner. After dinner there (about 4) I will drop the kids off to my mom (her birthday will be celebrated then). I will head to TRU after getting rid of the kids.LOL. I plan to be there by 6 at the latest. After TRU I am going to Walmart, then the BX. Then home probably to NO sleep. Oh well!

Get up, shower, go to the movie for 11am (new Muppets movie) then head out to Kowloon (chinese restaurant) for our lunch then back home by 5ish. Typical T-day in this house :fluffy:.....and we wouldn't have it any other way lol

Mine usually is like that, no movie, get up, get newspaper since it's not being delivered this year.... maybe starbucks and then home for breakfast. No chinese this year, bought a Turkey dinner from publix, heat and eat. Maybe head to Walgreens or CVS for specials. then time to start working on linking the online deals, stocking up on energy drinks...

Since I do the bulk of my cooking Wednesday night, I get up around 5:00, head to Wawa and get a newspaper. I would normally then head to K-Mart but I do not think I'm going this year. I'll go get Krispy Kreme for the family, come home watch the parade and football games while checking online stores; will buy if the deal is right. We do not eat at a set time; whenever the majority are hungry.

Around 6 or 7, I'll drop the kids off to my mom's and then I'll be off to Wal-Mart, looking to get there between 8:00-8:30.

I will hopefully sleep in!! I think I will run to Walgreens, check out the Thanksgiving Day sales, grab the paper (thankful for a small town they always still have them). Come home watch the parade (I will DVR it), then go to my moms around 3pm. We will head out of there around 7:30 to run home, get changed and go get in line w/ my sister. Thanksgiving falls on my dh's birthday this year, so the only change will be if he wants something special for breakfast.

I will be getting up and going to Rite Aid and Walgreens and of course grabbing a paper while I am out. Then I will go home and get the kids ready to go to my dad's side of the family by 1. We will leave from there around 230 to be at my mom's side of the family at 3. We will stay there until about 530 and then go to dh's family. After spending a little time there I will leave dh and the kids there and run home to change, pick up my friend, and then head to wm!

Will get up around 5am to get the rest of the items ready for 50 people having Tday dinner at my house. Get the paper out of the front yard and watch online deals. Dinner will be served buffet style at 2. Will party with the family until 7 then put my BF shirt on and hit a line. Not sure which line since there is nothing I am looking for except two items from Office Depot on Friday morning but will still be in a line.

Going to 24 hour CVS at midnight, then coming home and sleeping in a bit. Up to watch Macy's, then maybe the Muppets movie (great idea!), dinner around 4pm - we go to a condo at Myrtle Beach every year with our extended family so no cooking - just picking up turkey & all the trimmings from a local restaurant.

Going to 24 hour CVS at midnight, then coming home and sleeping in a bit. Up to watch Macy's, then maybe the Muppets movie (great idea!), dinner around 4pm - we go to a condo at Myrtle Beach every year with our extended family so no cooking - just picking up turkey & all the trimmings from a local restaurant.

to be slightly OT - Princesschaos13 I love your avatar - I'm making this for my ds for christmas:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3408/4597243253_398ee3fa7f_z.jpg

Well, I deliver the newspapers in our town so up at 4 am as everyone gets one!!! and then coming home making the kids their butterbraid! looking at the ads, watch the parade, going to get my stuff ready for dinner! Dh is in the woods hunting but since we just had to make a last min change (suppose to have it at my aunts house but we just found out she has bleeding of the brain in several areas!) :( So now its at my brothers house in the same town so that helps dh can come in for lunch and get the kids off to where they are going and also helps for my plan on leaving that night to go SHOPPING! Hoping to be at walmart by 9!

This year we are super busy!

I work 10 hours on Wed. Getting off work and driving for about 1.5 hours to my BF's mom's house. Wake up early on Thurs to get the paper on Thanksgiving. Leave around 10 AM to drive another 1 hour to his family friend's house to eat at 11 AMish. Stay for about 1 hour. Head to his aunt's house, eat, and stay maybe til 3 PMish. Head to my parents' house with another 2.5 hours of driving and eat dinner. Head out to stores at maybe 8 PM... shop until maybe 5 AM. Go home and crash...

Doing a lot of the cooking Wednesday. Get up early for papers, and try to get to Kmart. I just want the throws ( I may do rite aid if I have time to get a wellness card) instead. Walgreens looks possible too. Back home to finish cooking. Dinner is at 1:00. Clean up and do final preparations for shopping.(final list for each store, ads ready for PM, money in correct store envelopes etc. Depending on how tired I am I may do TRU if not I will line up around 10 for Kohls.