Questions About Online Black Friday Shopping? Post Here!

Brad

We'll use this thread to try and answer any questions about online Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) shopping that you may have.

Note: if your question is something like "Will this store have their BF items online?" or "What time will this store put their items online?" or "Will this particular item be offered online?", you probably won't get an answer in here.

We're going to post whatever info we have in the various threads in this forum. So find the thread for your store and see what information we have. If there isn't a thread yet for your store, be patient. Once we have firm information, a thread will be created.

Also, we've had similar threads the last 2 years, so if you want to check those threads out to see what was asked, see here:

2010: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?190879-Questions-About-Online-Black-Friday-Shopping-Post-Here

2009: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?158372-Questions-about-online-Black-Friday-shopping-Post-them-in-here

Sorry, I didn't see this thread when I posted my question in the individual store's threads. :blush:

How do the stores handle Register Rewards (Walgreens) or purchasing items that come with a gift card?

For the gift cards it varies by store. Some sites like Walmart.com and BestBuy.com just bundle it with the item you are buying automatically.

As for RR at Walgreens, I have no clue as I've never shopped there online. Maybe someone else can answer that or post it in the Walgreens thread.

For the gift cards it varies by store. Some sites like Walmart.com and BestBuy.com just bundle it with the item you are buying automatically.

As for RR at Walgreens, I have no clue as I've never shopped there online. Maybe someone else can answer that or post it in the Walgreens thread.

Thanks,Brad.

Specifically, I am wanting the Mr. Coffee coffee maker at Target for $79.99 with a $30 gift card. That's the only thing I need from Target early.

I have read that Target's site is terrible on BF but if I was able to buy this, would they discount the thirty dollars or how do they do that?

I have tried twice today, once from toys r us and once from build a bear, to use discount codes in conjunction with gift certificates or in tru's case, reward bucks and it wouldn't apply them. I have $15 rewards bucks(3 $5 certificates) and it only allowed me to use ONE. So I got a big $5 off instead of $15, which would have made my purchase free. Then build a bear sent me a $10 reward coupon for shopping so much there. I tried using that in conjunction with the 25% discount. It wouldn't take either of them. What gives? Why can't you use 2 different things? one is discounting and the other is payment?

How will a store app help you check out? They might be beneficial for price checking or checking inventory but I don't see how they'd help with check out.

I know some store apps auto update your cart so you don't have to refresh the page. And if Iam out and all I have is my phone, then would it help me with the process. Guess I will just do my own research.

I know some store apps auto update your cart so you don't have to refresh the page. And if Iam out and all I have is my phone, then would it help me with the process. Guess I will just do my own research.

LOL...sorry....

I thought you were talking about in-store checkout. I should have thought about thread name. I apologize.

Where's the newegg topic? Don't you usually have one here each year?

I was just checking to see if anything leaked from the egg yet, but there isn't even a topic up as a placeholder.

Newegg hasn't sent us any real details yet, which explains the lack of a thread. I'm guessing we'll hear something tomorrow and then we'll post a thread.