I need advice (car cd players)

shopping mom

Two of my kids want CD players for their car and they want installation. This week BB and Circuit City are offering free installation ($35.00 value) if the player is $99 or more. Should I purchase now or waitfor BF and see if I can get the player cheap enough and pay for the installation?

I would wait. Free installation is something that is run all the time. BF might get you a good deal and free installation.

True, but BF might also mean you'll have to schedule your installation a week after you buy it because they'll get swamped with free installations.

Is it worth potentially saving $20-$30 to wait for the install?

Two of my kids want CD players for their car and they want installation. This week BB and Circuit City are offering free installation ($35.00 value) if the player is $99 or more. Should I purchase now or waitfor BF and see if I can get the player cheap enough and pay for the installation?

I'm not positive they'll do it again, but I know they ran that deal last year for the entire BF weekend.

First find out how long they will have the free installation. Tell them that you are buying the cd players now, but your kids are away at college and won't be home until let's say the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Ask them if you bring in your receipt for the cd players can they get the free installation then. They may say yes, or we will still have the free installation Thanksgiving weekend. They may tell you the info you need.

There is a catch. It is technically not free. Just the labor is . You will still have to purchase the wiring harness if nec. and the mounting kit for the head unit. Just giving you the heads up. Extra cost if everything is needed could range anywhere from 25-75.00 if I was guessing.