Do you take the newspaper ads with you or print your own lists or what?

bfaddict1977

I do both lists and the ads.

Since I don't bring in a purse or bag. I put my money and my list, along with the store ad, in my zippered coat. I drive from store to store and bring only the ad of the store I'm going into with me. When I'm done and back in the car I switch out the ads in my pocket for the next store.

I make an excel spreadsheet listing stores in order I plan to go including opening times, items I want with sizes and price and then take the matching stores ad. I usually fold the list up and shove it in my pocket and take just whatever store ad we're at IN with me. My mom drives so I just review the list between stores scratch off anything I had listed at multiple stores and then decide if we can skip anywhere as morning goes on.

It's pretty disorganized really, ads are usually strewn across the passenger side foot area.

I make an excel spreadsheet listing stores in order I plan to go including opening times, items I want with sizes and price and then take the matching stores ad. I usually fold the list up and shove it in my pocket and take just whatever store ad we're at IN with me. My mom drives so I just review the list between stores scratch off anything I had listed at multiple stores and then decide if we can skip anywhere as morning goes on.

It's pretty disorganized really, ads are usually strewn across the passenger side foot area.

BBM

My van looks like the newspaper factory exploded in it lol!

I take most ads and my coupons into each store. I have a special Black Friday purse that I only use that day. It's more like a tote really and all the ads fit nicely in it.I put just about everything except money/credit cards in it.

I am way ahead of myself this year though because I've got my handwritten lists and the coupon match-ups in envelopes with the store names on the outside. I have gift cards this year too.

Does anybody else start looking for the physical copy of the ads in their house?

I have looked at them so often that they seem real to me

and then I start looking for the ad but realize they're not even out yet.

Jeez....my mind these days.

:cheesy:

I take my lists from here, and write other items or specifics on them (ie., if an ad says there are "70 other games in-store to choose from," or something like that, I write in specifically what I'm on the lookout for), because I am just scatterbrained enough that when I'm trying to be fast and efficient, I will inevitably forget the one thing I wanted most to check out. I do also take the ads, but a lot of times, those are used to pass the time before I get in line, or if I need to clarify for myself what something in an ad was...

I always have the ad's with me. I am not sure I would be able to keep track of a list. Between the ad's and receipts I would most likely leave a list somewhere, I just wouldn't know where. I mark the items I want in the actual ad's and this way I make sure I get the right item at the right price!

Just wondering how everyone keeps track of what they want to get on bf at different stores? I am thinking of buying a newspaper for the first time this year. But do I get them wed or thursday? Do you use hard copy ads, print your own, just write down what you want? How do you manage?

I have my adscans and know 90% of what I'm planning, but there are always those other items you may notice that you missed looking at the ad scans. I always have my ad scans on my laptop to look at, as well as the actual store ads from the paper. I also print out the list from GottaDeal.com, have another copy of it on my cell phone, and will also have a hand-written list of possible items and alternates (for everything but Best Buy where I get choice). If you haven't already, check out the list option on GottaDeal. You can check off the items you want and the list only prints out the items you had checked off. Makes it nice and easy when you get in the store to just pull out the list.

For those of you who do a binder-- do you put the actual ads in there when they come out, or print out the ads from here to put in there? Do you punch holes in all the pages, or put each ad in a clear sleeve inside the binder? Then do you pull out the ad for the store you're at and just take it in, or take the whole binder in? How do you organize any lists, coupons, pricematching ads, etc. in the binder? TIA for any helpful tips/advice! :)

I usually take all the ads I need with me in a bag, but like several have said, they end up all over the floor by the time I'm done, so I was considering doing some sort of binder this year, too!

I always take the ads with me to look at one more time and to price match if needed and make adjustments if needed. I have a master list of what I want from each store from here. I also do individual store list. The individual store list goes into an envelope with the cash needed to purchase items on the list. Anyone needing or wanting something from that store within our group does the same (money and list in the envelope). The person going to the store takes the envelope and makes all the purchases.