Price matching/"local" competitor question.

lmdriscol

How strict is Walmart when it comes to matching prices on a "local" competitor? We live near Chicago but spend Thanksgiving in Iowa, and that's where we do our BF shopping, obviously. We have Meijer here, and they have a great deal on Smokey the Fire Truck that doesn't even come close to anyone else's BF price. Will WM in Iowa match a Meijer ad? (No Meijer in Iowa)

Probably not but it can't hurt to ask the store manager in the town where you will be shopping. I work at WM in a small town. Our nearest "big box" competition is 30 miles away but we match them (Target, Best Buy). WM really wants the sales this year. Be sure you talk to the store manager because they are the person that has the final approval in the store. Also, get the name of the person you talk to. Good luck!!! I hope they let you match the price!!!!

I seriously doubt it. I live in a small town where WalMart is our only major retail store. The closest Target, Kmart, Meijer, TRU , etc is about 45 miles away and the will not match any of them.

we also live in a small town with Walmart being our only major retail store. Target and Kmart is about 45 minutes from us and our Walmart does price match their ads. Last BF the manager actually came up to me and told me that they would price match Target and KMart because he saw the ad in my hand..lol. They are desperate for business because so many go out of town to do their shopping. So i would definitely ask. The worst thing they can do is say no..

I have a question...looking at getting the Xbox 360 250 gb kinect bundle and putting it on layaway. What happens if either Walmart or someone else drops the price after that? (I know that BF deals are excluded, so I'm talking regular price drops). Will they adjust the layaway price or am I stuck? Thanks!