Is anyone else noticing sale prices aren't great?

kas3

Just got done looking at all of the posted ad-scans. I'm really not impressed. I still think the laptop at Wal-Mart is a good deal, but other than that, nothing has been worth getting up at 3 am. :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I can't wait for the Best Buy ads to come out lol

There's been a lot of press about how people are debt heavy and have been spending their spendable cash in energy costs and the retailers are afraid there won't be as big of a Christmas cash deal this year. That's why the sales are already starting. Why the BF sales aren't there yet has been going that way more and more for the last couple years.

We'll see how fast the retailers slash and cut their prices in December this year. I'm curious if people will spend less or more this year.

I think they are full of it personally. I have already noticed a lot more shoppers than slow years of the past, despite high fuel prices and the fact that a strong majority hate our president including me (which usually equates to slow shopping).

Yeah I'm not really impressed, especially all the after rebate stuff at compusa, seems like they ran better deals (with similar products of yesteryear) at quite a bit cheaper and better prices, I think they had roughly the same prices on LCDS last year. These for the most part seem like same deals they will run on say one of those 6 hour things or Labor Day or something, come on its BF they need to seriously slash the prices. Also I thought more retailers were trying to get away from all that rebate stuff. Rebates are fine and all but for some people like me, getting a lot of after rebate stuff really puts a burden on how much you can buy and put on a credit card. I can afford the stuff, but putting all that stuff on a credit card, paying the interest waiting for a rebate to come in and possibly having rebates not come in (which has happened several times) is just not worth it to me. Also not sure if anybody noticed but not really any great deals on Jewelry, but haven't seen jc penny or zales etc. They had some really really good deals last year if you are in that market.

As it gets closer to BF, the pressure on the stores to cut prices increase. We still have 2 weeks+ to go.

That's probably why we all are anxiously awaiting for the Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and TRU. :yup: I hope that is what is taking so long for the these ads to leak. They are watching the competion and are going to cut their prices even lower. :crossfing

I was just thinking, I have been looking around at the ads posted here, and so many of the prices seem to be everyday prices. What are the stores doing? Sure, they have some doorbusters, and a few sale prices, but I'm just not seeing a lot of low, low prices that make me want to get out there at 2 am. Is it just me? :yelclap:

Lynn

no i've been thinking the same way

Yeah, that's what *I* was hoping, but someone has already said that the ads have already been printed. They have to get them done ahead of time.

~H~

That's probably why we all are anxiously awaiting for for Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and TRU. :yup: I hope that is what is taking so long for the these ads to leak. They are watching the competion and are going to cut their prices even lower. :crossfing

compusa has, i feel, come out with the best prices so far....which for them is a first because they usually only have a few good prices but this year it looks like they are competing on every item, and opening at midnight, man i might be able to to get to compusa and best buy

You know, I thought their prices were pretty good this year, too, but everyone else on the forum was complaining about them, so I assumed I didn't know as much about the items. Of course, it could be because of all the stupid rebates!

You know, I thought their prices were pretty good this year, too, but everyone else on the forum was complaining about them, so I assumed I didn't know as much about the items. Of course, it could be because of all the stupid rebates!

I think most people didnt want to do the AOL sign up. I know I dont so it makes the prices really jump up without that deal applied. Same with the rebates. Most people will be ok with alot of rebates if it makes an item free but the sheer quanity that Cusa dealt out was boggling

I think most people didnt want to do the AOL sign up. I know I dont so it makes the prices really jump up without that deal applied. Same with the rebates. Most people will be ok with alot of rebates if it makes an item free but the sheer quanity that Cusa dealt out was boggling

Yes, the rebates suck. If I had hundreds of dollars to go shopping with in the first place, I wouldn't need to wait for the sales! DUH! Apparently, Compusa can't figure that out. I wonder how much higher their sales would be if they made the prices as low as this WITHOUT rebates?

I agree.. I think the ads stink this year. Still waiting for KB and Toys R Us.. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So far I'm not going out on BF.

I am still heading to walmart for the cabbage patch baby, bicycle, and digital camera. Hopefully it will be worth it.

I think alot of what I am seeing is that the "big" items arent there(for the most part) sale wise. But the little add on mid range gifts are. The $10 CPK, $5 Care Bear, 7.99$ games The gifts that you buy to match up and make spending even LOL

Least that is how it is turning out for me. The only "big" item I want is the GBA but wouldnt care if i got it at Kmart for 70$ w/ the games or Walmart for 48 without them so at least I have 2 "chances"

As of right now, I'm still in the "do I really want to go out" mode. I can get a laptop online for only the cost of shipping more than camping out for hours in front of a store. There is nothing else on my list that is imperative that I get on BF that I wont be able to get deals for elsewhere before Christmas. So unless Best Buy comes out with a really good, cant pass up deal, then I might even sit this BF out and sleep in.

i agree

Yes, the rebates suck. If I had hundreds of dollars to go shopping with in the first place, I wouldn't need to wait for the sales! DUH! Apparently, Compusa can't figure that out. I wonder how much higher their sales would be if they made the prices as low as this WITHOUT rebates?

a ton, if thats what they actually make with or without rebate, I would buy 20-30 of the hard drives alone at those prices and several other things, quite possibly every one I could get my hands on.They are 3x cheaper than any model on pricewatch, the catch is, its a hassle, and you have to shell out 130 a piece for a 20 dollar total item and then wait for 100 dollars in rebates between 3 different rebates, one which will probably get lost and limit of one per household on the rebates.

I feel that way too. I keep looking at the ads and nothing so far is making me get up and go out. The only thing that I might consider is the Little People $10 dooor buster at Walmart but I just got double charged from ordering on their web site so I am a little ticked at them right now.

I hope that some stores have great deals