Let's Talk Printers!

neboo

Ok, so I am not in need of a printer, but I wanted to let everyone know about my awesome experience with my laser printer. I think we may have had a thread about this last year. Last year on BF I bought my brother HL-2240 laser printer from Office Max for $50. I just did an entire year of master's degree work (Graduated, yay!), which involved a lot of printing. Even with this heavy load, I am STILL on the starter toner cartridge! This printer is again on sale for $50 on BF and I would highly recommend it. I also saw that Office Depot has a wireless laser printer for $40, but it looks a little smaller than my brother machine.

Anyone else have any suggestions or want to let everyone know about a great laser printer experience?

I have had the same laser printer for I'd say... seven years and it has been spectacular. It kinda sucked when I got Windows 7 that HP doesn't make a driver for it anymore, trying to force me to upgrade, but HA I just downloaded the Vista driver and I'll wait the five seconds before the printing gets going.

I think I've been through three toner cartridges in seven years. Spectacular. I don't miss printing in color AT ALL.

I bought a Xerox color laser from Newegg the week of BF 3 years ago. Came with a free netbook (which was a big deal at the time) for like $300 total. Still haven't had to replace any toner and not really close to it either. Great printer.

This is exactly the kind of thread I'm looking for! I'm tired of paying $40 every few months for new ink! Do you know how much new toner will be when you do need it?

Color toner can run you a pretty good amount. But if you go black and white the toner can be pretty cheap. I got a 3rd party toner for my printer for $18. The Brother name brand one was $70 I believe. Mind you these were high yield and should last 2 years at least.

Thank you for this thread! I am looking for a wireless printer to go with my mom's laptop and I will for sure be picking up one of these deals. Thanks for everyone's input and experiences. Maybe I will get a new printer too! My canon is still going, but yest, the color cart's kill me.

I am looking for a wireless copy scan fax and print machine but which brand has the lowest toner costs?

Bear in mind that the lowest toner costs might also have the least amount of toner per cartridge. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/NO/no.gif

I have a Brother MFC-7820N Cat5-wired copy/scan/fax/printer (though I've never used the fax function) for years and I'm only on my first cartridge after the starter one. It is just a B&W model.

I'd buy a Brother product again, no question.

I got the Canon PIXMA MG6120 last BF and absolutely love it. Having previously had multiple HP printers and numerous problems Canon's are my new favorite. As with most ink jets you go through the ink rather quickly but it's been better than my previous HP Photosmart.

A vote for Canon here.