Tru customer service

bfaddict1977

I am so frustrated with trus customer service. I just called about the shake it up hand bags and spoke with the manager about bf and strategy and all. He wouldnt tell me anything. I asked about the crowd and he said it depended on year and he couldn't tell me anything. I asked if the hand bags would be available for then and how many and he said he just didn't know but that they wouldn't be available online. I do know though that st opening 1500 people could be lined up and they let 150 people in at a time. I figure I'll take my chances with Walmart first and do try about 12 am or later nd hope they have it. I refuse to spend hours in line when there is no guarantee why doesn't try know more?

I got the same from my local Walmart last year after being told the manager wasn't available multiple times. Anyone would have thought I was trying to kill the man or something, it was ridiculous. When I FINALLY was able to speak to him I got nothing and as such decided not to bother camping out since they couldn't tell me ANYTHING.

It may be possible that he really doesn't know.

I know someone who started a seasonal job for TRU today. I've talked with this person about Black Friday for the past few weeks just chatting, even before they got the TRU job.

They had orientation this weekend and asked if everyone would be working the 9pm opening. The manager asked how they knew that's when the opening was, it was suppose to be secret. lol I'm pretty sure I'm the one who mentioned it when we'd talk. But from what it sounds like managment at the store level doesn't know everything so they can't really tell you what they don't know.

WOW this 4.99 handbag is really just gonna put you over the edge isnt it.lol.Believe it or not stores really dont know not anymore than ppl on here do.The only general info anyone has is from past experience.Noone knows how many of anything a store will get.No one knows how the lines are gonna be.no one knows how many ppl will be online.The fact questions ppl can answer is when store opens.Any other question will get answered with a opinion.What happen last year may nt happen this year.Its very possible the store will have hundreds of them.Possible all hundred will still be there when u get there.What is a fact is you will be waiting and you will be waiting for hours just like everyone else.If i was going to TRU i would get one for you but i dont shop there anymore.maybe someone else on here might pick one up for you.

Believe it or not stores really dont know not anymore than ppl on here do.

I respectfully disagree, if she spoke to the store manager they should have a very good idea what will be happening in THEIR store on BF. I'd be seriously worried if they just open shop and HOPE everything goes ok. There has to be a security plan in place and I dare say ALL items have been ordered with many already in stock taking up warehouse space.

Some people just choose to be vague and uninformative whether they think it builds excitement or will force person to be there at ridiculous hours who knows. The actual employees and lower down managers of the store may not know much but you bet your bottom dollar that store manager is informed on what will be happening on the biggest sales day of the year. I'd wager that they've had a few district/regional meetings about it already.

I respectfully disagree, if she spoke to the store manager they should have a very good idea what will be happening in THEIR store on BF. I'd be seriously worried if they just open shop and HOPE everything goes ok. There has to be a security plan in place and I dare say ALL items have been ordered with many already in stock taking up warehouse space.

Some people just choose to be vague and uninformative whether they think it builds excitement or will force person to be there at ridiculous hours who knows. The actual employees and lower down managers of the store may not know much but you bet your bottom dollar that store manager is informed on what will be happening on the biggest sales day of the year. I'd wager that they've had a few district/regional meetings about it already.

I meant as far as stock is concerned.The stores dont know until boxes are opened and stock is put out.Numerous times items are advertised as on sale only to get to the store to find out the store never even got any.Or store was told we got 10 when they really got 3.I was nearly just stating facts as not to get her hopes up.BF is a crap shoot.Your either lucky or ur not. And no the manager cant tell her when to line up.He cant predict how many ppl will be online just like he cant predict the crowds in the store.We can only gauge by past experiences.

thanks deal grabber, Wish I could take you up on that offer:) It's just dd doesn't ask for much and I know she'd die for that hand bag because she loves the show. I was so thankful to the wonderful ppl on this board for the doll info when they came available because they are sold out everywhere and cannot be purchased right now. I grabbed em just in time:) And tinkrbel I totally agree. He was the highest manager up in the store and he'd worked bf before. He knew I am sure but would not say. I have decided to start at walmart and take my chances it will be there. I doubt it will be online but maybe?

I meant as far as stock is concerned.The stores dont know until boxes are opened and stock is put out.Numerous times items are advertised as on sale only to get to the store to find out the store never even got any.Or store was told we got 10 when they really got 3.I was nearly just stating facts as not to get her hopes up.BF is a crap shoot.Your either lucky or ur not. And no the manager cant tell her when to line up.He cant predict how many ppl will be online just like he cant predict the crowds in the store.We can only gauge by past experiences.

Yea he said they don't even have it in the store and refused to guess as to if and when it would be in. That was frustrating. He said they may not even get it in. I told him it was in the ad and he said didn't matter. So idk:(

Seeing as many of us had similar experiences when Walmart had their secret bf items one year and the store didn't even know about them, I'd say it is very possible he doesn't know much.

In retail, managers get "packets" of information and it is usually sent the week of. They probably are now finalizing security and such but knowledge of sale items and stock comes late. I spent 8 long years in retail. We would find out what our BF prices were the night before thanksgiving as we set the signs out.