I'm a Price Matching rookie and I have a question...

jakesmommy403

If I'm at WM checking out on BF and I have 3 of the Crayola Glow Domes that are $15 a piece and I show the cashier the Target BF ad where they're $12 a piece, she rings me up for $12 instead of $15, right? Is that how this works? I've never bothered with price matching before but if I'm going to be there anyway I might as well save some more cash, right? Or do you think don't even bother? Help. Thanks.

What are the price matching rules? I know I saw a thread about it here somewhere. I think I need to have more coffee, because I can't find it now.

That is how it should work and I sincerely hope ALL cashiers will be taught how to do this.

I went in a couple weeks ago and had to wait about 5 minutes for a helper as cashier didn't know how to do it. I can imagine that will be a great waste of time on BF and piss any people off in line behind you.

Pay special attention to the time that Targets ad starts. If you're trying to p.m. something at Walmarts 10 am sale thats less in Targets ad, you'll need to hold onto your item until 12 when the Target sale starts. This happened to me last year. Wm is very good at price matching but it has to be the exact same items and the exact same time the sale starts.hth.

Pay special attention to the time that Targets ad starts. If you're trying to p.m. something at Walmarts 10 am sale thats less in Targets ad, you'll need to hold onto your item until 12 when the Target sale starts. This happened to me last year. Wm is very good at price matching but it has to be the exact same items and the exact same time the sale starts.hth.

I see, ok. I wasn't sure how that worked.

Thank you all so much for the help! :)

I work for Walmart. We price match with these rules. The competitor ad MUST show a specific price (no % off for example), MUST be the EXACT same item listed in the competitor ad. You're not required to have the ad but the store may call if the price seems too low. It really pays to come prepared. I work in a rural store, with no competitors, however, we price match Target, Best Buy, TRU, which is 30 miles away. Also, on Black Friday if you ad match, it must be in the same time period as the competitor sale.

We do not match other Walmart stores, Walmart.com, ANY .com competitor. Also, Layaway will close from 5PM Thanksgiving until 9AM the Saturday after Black Friday.

Hope this helps.

I will be price matching everything at WM on BF.Its their policy i dont get embarrassed and i dont care if i hold up the line.Hell ill price match bacon if its on sale.Its my money i work for it so ill save it when i can.Im not doing anything wrg and its WMs fault if their cashiers arent educated.

I work for Walmart. We price match with these rules. The competitor ad MUST show a specific price (no % off for example), MUST be the EXACT same item listed in the competitor ad. You're not required to have the ad but the store may call if the price seems too low. It really pays to come prepared. I work in a rural store, with no competitors, however, we price match Target, Best Buy, TRU, which is 30 miles away. Also, on Black Friday if you ad match, it must be in the same time period as the competitor sale.

We do not match other Walmart stores, Walmart.com, ANY .com competitor. Also, Layaway will close from 5PM Thanksgiving until 9AM the Saturday after Black Friday.

Hope this helps.

That's wonderful, thank you so much! :)

Does any of the stores price match GC, like Walmart is having the Xbox360 with kinect bundle for $199 with $50 GC, would Target match that or if the stores were reverse, would Target match Walmart's price with GC

No, they do not honor GC PM. Here is a quote from their ad match guarantee..."We do not honor Items that require a purchase to get a competitor's gift card".

No, they do not honor GC PM. Here is a quote from their ad match guarantee..."We do not honor Items that require a purchase to get a competitor's gift card".

I asked a store manager this question today. I told him that their 8Gb ipod was $195 & they didn't offer a GC with it but toysrus, target, & radio shack all did. He said the will price match the item but don't ever give a gift card UNLESS it was black friday. That is the only day there is an exception. I also asked if that policy was store specific or is it the same at all walmarts. I was told all Walmarts have the same policy and everyone will be giving out the giftcards. I'm going to call ahead at another Walmart and ask their policy also. I don't know if this is new this 2011 or this store manager was uneducated.

Sounds like your local store manager is uneducated. The store I work at hasn't been told about this change. Best advice I can give you is if you call a store, ask for the store manager. Not the department manager, zone manager or assistant manager. Better yet, go in and talk to the manager person to person. If their info turns out to be false on BF hold them to their statements.

aafes has the 4gb xbox for $99.99 and they open at 4 am, do I need to go to wm at about 6 or 7 on thanksgiving and just puch it around in my cart until 4 am or will wm price match at any time? WM is only offering the 4gb xbox in combo packages and not stand alone so I just want to be sure I get one

I thought Walmart said they were NOT PMing on BF items? Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: I found it

LINK

"Walmart’s Christmas Price Guarantee is valid on purchases made Nov. 1 through Dec. 25 on identical items (the same brand, size, color, quantity, grade and model number) that are currently available at competitor’s stores located within the same local market as a particular Walmart storei."

"i*Offer excludes: Black Friday ads, expired ads, offers with Gift Cards, internet pricing, limited time or quantity offers (i.e. 6 hour sales), percentage off ads, bundles, trade-in offers, offers that require a purchase or gift provided with purchase, clearance or ads with typographical errors...."

For those of you thinking about PMing on BF; YMMV. This is for Rookies and Veterans ;).

Edited by bpr

I thought Walmart said they were NOT PMing on BF items? Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: I found it

LINK

"Walmart’s Christmas Price Guarantee is valid on purchases made Nov. 1 through Dec. 25 on identical items (the same brand, size, color, quantity, grade and model number) that are currently available at competitor’s stores located within the same local market as a particular Walmart storei."

"i*Offer excludes: Black Friday ads, expired ads, offers with Gift Cards, internet pricing, limited time or quantity offers (i.e. 6 hour sales), percentage off ads, bundles, trade-in offers, offers that require a purchase or gift provided with purchase, clearance or ads with typographical errors...."

For those of you thinking about PMing on BF; YMMV. This is for Rookies and Veterans ;).

I think this is if you have already bought something and wanting to PM for the difference in a gift card. Not PM at the register at checkout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats just for the Christmas Guarante (the one with the gift card). They will still price match other stores on bf.

How can the two policies be different? The 'Ad Match Guarantee' talks about PM all year so to speak and I understand it, but it looks like they put out the 'Christmas Guarantee' on top of it to stop BF ads (and 6 hr sale types) from being matched. Like I said; YMMV.

I think this is if you have already bought something and wanting to PM for the difference in a gift card. Not PM at the register at checkout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I can see that. You buy something today and Target has it on sale on Dec 2nd. Then you go back to Walmart and get a GC for the difference. That is the 'Christmas Guarantee' and understand that part perfectly.

How can the two policies be different? The 'Ad Match Guarantee' talks about PM all year so to speak and I understand it, but it looks like they put out the 'Christmas Guarantee' on top of it to stop BF ads (and 6 hr sale types) from being matched. Like I said; YMMV.

I too am confused about this--and would like forum moderator(s) opinion on this. I am not wasting my time calling the store(s) in my area because they'll say one thing on the phone, another thing in person--and lie right in your face--IF you can find the same person that you talked to 3 days ago.. and none of what they say is in WRITING--I want something in my hands, that I know is correct, if I am gonna try to PM on BF, not get there and totally screw up my BF plans.

Patty, Brad, any mods help with this, please?

Walmart's "Christmas Price Guarantee" excludes BF prices, but the normal PM policy should still be in place. So, you won't be able to bring in the receipt for the item you bought last week, show a competitor's BF ad, and get a gift card for the difference. You should be able to buy an item and get it for the competitor's price (assuming it is the exact same item and the other store is currently selling it for that price). If you already bought it and now it is cheaper, you can always rebuy and return the higher-priced one (normal return policies apply).

I PM at Walmart almost every time I go there. For the last few months I haven't needed competitor's ads - they just take my word for it (but most of my PMs are just for a few cents off groceries). That said, I will be taking ad for anything I want to PM on BF - after all, some of those prices are "Unbelieveable!" Cashiers do have a limit. I'm not sure what the limits are, but I remember PMing some dolls and the cashier needed an override because the price difference was too big. It's not a huge deal, they just need someone with a key to approve. It could take a few extra minutes in the store, but I think it is worth it - especially if I can get more of my items in one place and reduce the number of stores I have to get to.

Walmart's "Christmas Price Guarantee" excludes BF prices, but the normal PM policy should still be in place. So, you won't be able to bring in the receipt for the item you bought last week, show a competitor's BF ad, and get a gift card for the difference. You should be able to buy an item and get it for the competitor's price (assuming it is the exact same item and the other store is currently selling it for that price). If you already bought it and now it is cheaper, you can always rebuy and return the higher-priced one (normal return policies apply).

But not on BF ads.(That's how I read it)

Price matching and ad gurantee are two different things.You CAN still PM on BF meaning if you have the target ad and bring it WM they will match it.If you bought something last week and its on sale somewhere on BF and you bring in the receipt to wanting your money back you wont get it.They just WONT adjust anything youve purchased in the past of BF.Thats what it means.

Price matching and ad gurantee are two different things.You CAN still PM on BF meaning if you have the target ad and bring it WM they will match it.If you bought something last week and its on sale somewhere on BF and you bring in the receipt to wanting your money back you wont get it.They just WONT adjust anything youve purchased in the past of BF.Thats what it means.

That sounds a little better. It's so hard to understand sometimes. I still say it will be YMMV though. We will get lots of complaints from some who were able to do it and some not; JMO, lol.

Please click on this link.Its taken right from their website.Its a Q&A section.Scroll to the very last questions.Its staes in BOLD letters you can PM on BF.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/1089504?povid=cat14503-env172199-module100611-lLink_WNCPG

After reading that. It looks like you can PM on BF. What you CAN NOT do is come back with the BF ad on Dec 22nd and say you want to PM. Still weird, lol.

As someone that has price matched for the last 4-5 years at walmart it isnt that bad. Have your ads ready (i mark on front cover what page everything is on if i have multiple in 1 ad)

The ONLY time i had an issue was when something was a 59.99 item that another store had for 4.99 Manager had to do it(cashier couldnt) but did do it...and then promptly walked to rack and pulled the other 5 games down and stuffed behind counter LOL