In store only... BAH!

dbrhtrswcz

Frankly, I am tired of the "in store only" disclaimer. I remember a time when we were able to get many great deals online. Sure, we will go into a store for a great deal if we have to but that's assuming we have the store in town. Staples has some good deals but not good enough to drive an hour to the nearest.

Deb

Don't let that stop you from checking. There have been a lot of "in store only" deals that have ended up online as well. When the ad was printed they may not have known if they'd have quantities for online. Things can change.

You may even do better to order online if you can, esp at Staples. Two years ago, there were several items I wanted at Staples after looking at the BF ad on here. But when our ad came on Tgiving day, prices were higher - turns out some states won't let some items be sold as cheaply. BUT I was able to order them online at the lower price! And by sending them to the store for pickup, I saved the shipping cost and didn't have to go out on Black Friday.

Don't let that stop you from checking. There have been a lot of "in store only" deals that have ended up online as well. When the ad was printed they may not have known if they'd have quantities for online. Things can change.

It happened to me with a laptop (doorbuster) at BestBuy. They cancelled my order (see my signature) because it was't supposed to be online. They gave me $100 GC for the error. I got a better/faster laptop for the same price after the GC, lol.

You may even do better to order online if you can, esp at Staples. Two years ago, there were several items I wanted at Staples after looking at the BF ad on here. But when our ad came on Tgiving day, prices were higher - turns out some states won't let some items be sold as cheaply. BUT I was able to order them online at the lower price! And by sending them to the store for pickup, I saved the shipping cost and didn't have to go out on Black Friday.

Does anyone know if you can get staples's doorbusters online? I'm looking at the Norton 2012 antivirus and the hp computer for $400.

I wanted some cheapo DVDs from walmart when I was living in WI (w/ min. markup laws). I wasn't even able to order them online for the lower price unless I had them shipped to Mom's house in IL. I tried ship to my address and ship to store, but was charged more if they ended up in WI.

it'll be just my luck if what I want is IN STORE ONLY and I won't be able to get there (I don't drive and my dad usually drives me....its all due to their hosting of thanksgiving and staying where they are hosting it, on thanksgiving night AND the next day....so I won't have a chance to shop in person). So I am hoping I'll at least get to get a few things online....but there will be a few things I would have bought in person that won't be available online.