Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Can anyone read the list of CD titles on the final page? I have been searching the net for a copy of the ad in pdf that I can enlarge and cannot find one. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

The only one I can tell you for sure is that the top CD is Daughtry, the second maybe Michael Jackson Immortal...anything after that is too blurry

I might try to get the PS3 deal online other than that I don't see anything else. Dh wants one for work. I did send Amazon the link so hopefully they will price match it long before the actual day. I can wish right :P We have those games already but I am sure we could gift them to someone.

OK I gotta know....what does your hubby do that he gets to play PS3 at work?! Sounds like a dream job! (I thought he worked in oil companies?)

thank you I think I will scoop that one up for my DS13 who is DYING because he LCD is just 20", it has good reviews too.

Yeah, my thanks too, I may just go ahead and get that now. :)

And on the posts about the color of the Wii, I think it is really cute... but then, I'm female, and also love pastels hehe.

OK I gotta know....what does your hubby do that he gets to play PS3 at work?! Sounds like a dream job! (I thought he worked in oil companies?)

My husband is a Consultant for his own consulting firm, which means yes he is on location with oil wells. But he has his own trailor (not camper trailor actual full kitchen, 3 bdrm, 3 bath trailor) He has satilliete TV :P He is on location for 14 days straight day and night. Every money making decision has to go through him. So yes he has alot of time on his hands and since he is gone so much and the accomodations are pretty darn good (he even has a maid service and food delivery person ;) ) me and the kids go out and stay with him alot (more in the summer) so its nice to have things to entertain them too...He is currently about 4hrs from home.

Anyways I figured a Ps3 could be a dvd/bluray/game player all in one shot! Well worth the 199 if you look at it that way :D

What you are thinking of the is the Wii U which is Nintendo's next big console and that won't be coming out until next year, BUT as of around October 23rd all new Wii consoles manufacturered and sold no longer include support for Gamecube games and accessories. So no the Wii U as it's called isn't out yet, it's just new Wiis being made don't support Gamecube games and such.

I highly suspect that anything Walmart will have in stores by November 24/25 was manufactured well before October 23. It is certainly possible that Nintendo is manufacturing them and shipping to the stores as we speak, but most of the Black Friday inventory is planned months and months in advance. Plus, when you take into account Walmart's scale, even if each store only gets 10 of the Wiis, that means Nintendo stills needs to produce more than 35,000 of them.

That being said, these Wiis were probably produced several months ago and are a.) either already in stores or b.) already in the distribution centers.

Again, it is definitely possible that I'm wrong and they are being produced as we speak, but I don't think it's likely. That is too big of a risk for Walmart and Nintendo in the off-chance that Nintendo couldn't meet production goals, etc. This ad has been planned for 10-12 months plus.

Brent

Just noticed that. Secret pages with more deals would be my guess as well.

The ad says 'More titles available', so I'm assuming there's more. Just all depends per store what they throw in that bin.

Keep in mind that some of the other titles may just be the sequels to Lord of the rings, just like last year.

I highly suspect that anything Walmart will have in stores by November 24/25 was manufactured well before October 23. It is certainly possible that Nintendo is manufacturing them and shipping to the stores as we speak, but most of the Black Friday inventory is planned months and months in advance. Plus, when you take into account Walmart's scale, even if each store only gets 10 of the Wiis, that means Nintendo stills needs to produce more than 35,000 of them.

That being said, these Wiis were probably produced several months ago and are a.) either already in stores or b.) already in the distribution centers.

Again, it is definitely possible that I'm wrong and they are being produced as we speak, but I don't think it's likely. That is too big of a risk for Walmart and Nintendo in the off-chance that Nintendo couldn't meet production goals, etc. This ad has been planned for 10-12 months plus.

Brent

I think this is a good point.

What are the opinions on the Vizio LED 42inch 3D/wifi in the 8am sale for $598. I was wondering if it would make a good gaming TV for our gameroom. Would be playing Xbox and Wii, streaming movies etc. Just found out that the power button on our old 36inch box tv on the floor is finally giving problems.

I do not like the ad. I do think however they are leaving some things out. I feel that there is going to be some mystery deals that they are not putting out until that week online. They usually do mystery deals every year. I honestly think they have something up their sleeve. Why would they put the ad out before Target and toysrus. Come on this is their competitor . A little weird if you ask me.:no:

My husband is a Consultant for his own consulting firm, which means yes he is on location with oil wells. But he has his own trailor (not camper trailor actual full kitchen, 3 bdrm, 3 bath trailor) He has satilliete TV :P He is on location for 14 days straight day and night. Every money making decision has to go through him. So yes he has alot of time on his hands and since he is gone so much and the accomodations are pretty darn good (he even has a maid service and food delivery person ;) ) me and the kids go out and stay with him alot (more in the summer) so its nice to have things to entertain them too...He is currently about 4hrs from home.

Anyways I figured a Ps3 could be a dvd/bluray/game player all in one shot! Well worth the 199 if you look at it that way :D

Yeah that PS3 would be right up his alley. I'm glad you shared that, because I heard a guy call into the Dave Ramsey show and tell him how much he could make doing EXACTLY that kind of thing for the oil companies and Dave pooh-poohed him because he had never heard of such a thing. Hey, those jobs really do exist!

What are the opinions on the Vizio LED 42inch 3D/wifi in the 8am sale for $598. I was wondering if it would make a good gaming TV for our gameroom. Would be playing Xbox and Wii, streaming movies etc. Just found out that the power button on our old 36inch box tv on the floor is finally giving problems.

Honestly if all you have is a 360, Wii and streaming services for movies, I would really think twice about a 3D TV. The main benefit to a 3D TV comes from PS3 Games and 3D Blu-rays, but if you have neither a PS3 or 3D Blu-ray player a 3D TV isn't exactly worth it. Yes there are a couple 360 games in 3D and some services will stream 3D movies but only if you subscribe to such services. Either way though the quality of 3D provided by 360s and streaming services isn't anything to write about.

As for whether or not the 3D TV itself is any good? Well it's a nice budget model that would allow the average consumer to jump into the 3D game. Again, as I said though, unless you have quality 3D content you might want to more consider one of the other TVs available.

EDIT - Oh and I don't intend to sound harsh or anything, I'm not saying you can't get a 3D TV, I'm just saying you should think about it.

Dafees is there another you recommend? DS15 saw it and liked it. He liked it had wifi, internet apps, it was LED. Also it was 1080/240ghz. He did mention he wanted a 3D blu ray. He is the one that will be using it the most in the game room

Well if you intend to get a 3D Blu-ray player to go with it then that is fine. You can get the Vizio as long as would get a 3D Blu-ray player with it. Hoesntly, looking through the currently available ads I can't find a better deal than the Vizio. I was quick to dismiss it based on the fact that it is a Vizio, but upon further review I'll reneg that. There isn't anything really wrong with the TV itself, unless somebody else has their own opinion, but my point about having good 3D content still stands. Again, if you get a 3D Blu-ray player to go with it, that'll be a great start.