Would you pay for premium service for Black Friday? (LivingSocial VIP Deal)

jesusluvu

I am not sure if this should be posted here or not, but I got an email about a deal , see below :

Black Friday VIP Shopping Experience for Two

On the first day of Christmas shopping, our true love sent to us, not a bird in a fruit tree, but a gift list a mile long. Rest ye merry, because you can take advantage of the best mall bargains with VIP parking on Black Friday. Pay only $20 (regularly $40) to enjoy a reserved parking place at the Malls location on November 25. Your package comes with a preferred parking pass (which includes all-day in-and-out privileges) and access for two people to a VIP lounge, which has refreshments provided throughout the day. You'll be decking the halls of your home more joyfully once you've made the most of your purchasing power while simultaneously enjoying the A-list treatment. Just hurry: As all Black Friday veterans know, great deals like this one won't last long.

I was wondering is it worth it. I do not mind walking and normally I am there early anyway so I get decent parking spot. But if they would let me in to shop a little earlier then I would be game.. What do you think ? :coffeetim

Update: here's the details: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/livingsocial.php

- Brad

I was thinking the same thing. The mall does have a awesome food court and I was wondering if it would be from some of there vendors. I think it might be good. Especially since it seems like an alday thing. I can leave and go somewhere else and comeback to the same spot and eat again. :D. The more I think about it the more I want to do it. :yup:

How could they reserve a parking spot?

And if many people get in on the deal,that would be a lot of reserved parking places.

I guess I just don't understand how that could work.

I would think other shoppers who didn't know about the deal

would be just a little ticked off to find out they couldn't park in a spot if they are there first.

I think it sounds like a fun thing to do. If anything, it might provide for a little "down" time away from the crowds if you just need a break. I little snack and a some refreshments are always a good thing! I wonder if they have valet parking? If not, how will they keep your parking spot for you?

This is what I was thinking. Our mall is pretty big and the entrances are different. I would think they would do it in the parking garage, but who knows. We do have valet parking. It is usually like $5, but on special days Valentines and stuff it is like $10-15. Parking is crazy. I usually take my SUV because we have to park in the grass, on a hill etc. Then I have to walk far to get in, but it doesn’t bother me. My adrenaline gets to pumping just seeing the crowds, but my age is really starting to show this year. Everything hurts :cry2: I bought it so I guess I will let everyone know how it goes on Black Friday.

I was thinking how this would work for the stores opening at midnite or 10pm the night before, but I guess this is for folks not waiting in line or getting in the front door the moment it opens.

Yeah, I may be inclined to pay for front of line tickets...

Otherwise, as was mentioned, they probably plan on using existing valet parking infrastructure and/or cordoning off large sections of the parking lot for this. Maybe I should dress as a valet on Black Friday and see how much I can make in tips...?

Okay,see we don't have valet parking or parking garages and we have 2 of the largest malls around.

Which probably explains why my city isn't listed!

But it sounds like a good deal for those who can get it and I hope someone posts about their experience :)

Note that it says refreshments (drinks) all day long, but I didn't see anything about food.

Parking might work with their ususal valet set-up, or in theory they could cordon off some close-in sections of their parling lots.

Aside from the fact that none of these malls are near me, this wouldn't help me much, because although I probably will visit a mall during the day, most of my day will be at various free-standing stores (most Targets, Walmarts, Best Buys, etc.)

The mall is usually my first stop and a quick in/out for jcpenney globe and maybe grab a handful of stuff at Sears which are right next to each other. At store opening the parking lot is still pretty doable.

EVEN if all my stores were in the mall I probably wouldn't take advantage of it. I make do with as little as possible, heck we don't even stop for a meal/snack while we're out. I DID feel a little bad last year since I woke my mother with a fright after waking up late and we left ASAP no coffee no cookie no nothing which is not HER usual. I am usually good on water until about 3 or 4pm.

Here are the cities they are doing this in. Over 40 markets via Living Social:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/livingsocial.php

It's available at 2 malls here in Jacksonville but it's only 10.00. One mall is an open air mall so you can move your car, if they use the overflow parking lot, it would be miserable to make the hike... The other mall is in Orange Park which would be great for Kimpooh, but it's a 40 min drive...

Just spoke with our rep (Springfield, MO) and it will be $10. Here is the information they provided on our local perks:

Hello,

Bright and early on Friday, Nov. 25, Battlefield Mall will open at midnight for Black Friday, the official start of the holiday shopping season! In addition, Macy’s will also open at midnight. We hope you will consider Battlefield Mall as one-stop shop for all of your Black Friday and holiday story needs.

Black Friday at Battlefield Mall will consist of the following:

- Live bands

- Free gifts for the first 200 shoppers at Guest Services

- Live Radio Remotes on property

- $100 gift card giveaway on the hour from 1am – 6am

- $500 gift card secret Santa giveaway

- Living Social Lounge – Coat check, package check, free refreshments

- Coke energy drink sampling on mall

- All day treats at Guest Services

- Complimentary Starbucks coffee from midnight until 5 am

My local mall is having a Black Friday VIP promotion. For $10 I get a primo parking space that I use all day (come and go as I please) and a VIP lounge with refreshments.

I figured I would take a chance since the mall will not be my first stop that morning and I hate looking for parking. Plus I can rest in the lounge or go home and nap and come back.

My local mall is having a Black Friday VIP promotion. For $10 I get a primo parking space that I use all day (come and go as I please) and a VIP lounge with refreshments.

I figured I would take a chance since the mall will not be my first stop that morning and I hate looking for parking. Plus I can rest in the lounge or go home and nap and come back.

FYI, I merged your thread with the main one talking about this promotion.

I think many will go for it making no so VIP

That's what I'm trying to figure out:

the parking pass has me stumped.

I think of my mall (really big) with thousands of spaces.

So,say you want something at JCPenney first but somehow (how do they decide where your space is?) your assigned spot is closer to Sears and these are at the opposite ends of the mall. What advantage is that?

If someone does this deal and explains parking to me,I would appreciate it.

I just don't see how a Living Social deal can basically sell/rent a public parking space that would be free for whomever gets there first.

*Note*

my mall is not one of the ones listed but I am really interested in how this parking thing would work.

I would be all over this deal if it was offered here as I am not nearly brave enough to attempt Glenbrook's parking lots on BF!

And I have stood outside Kmart,Target,Kohl's,ToysRUs for hours in the cold,rain,snow,and wind!

There is a limit to my courage,I guess :P

I contacted my mall and was told that these will be spots against building/first row. Which door it will be will be random based one when you buy the deal but that spot is YOURS for the day. Am going to try it...wth its only 10$ I am not worried about not getting a spot by the door i want (a spot is hard enough to come by we arent going to be picky about door) My biggest fear is ticked off person taking it out with a key on my car door....