Best MP3 to use in the van

swilshire

I have never owned an MP3 nor particularly wanted one, but our van has an adapter for one and it would be nice to have music when all the radio stations fade out. I probably would never use it for anything else. I would copy my personal CDs to it. I would prefer one where I could select a group of songs that I had arranged into my own categories. I am not afraid of technology, but have little patience for it, so something simple is better.

Your suggestions appreciated.

Sheila

Most basic MP3 players will let'cha create a playlist of your favorite songs, or at least separate them into folders or groups. All that is done via your computer when ya upload it to the player. All depends on how high tekkie ya want the player itself to be and how much space ya might need. Maybe could do something simple like a $20 2GB MP3 player from a local store or go all out for an iPod with touchscreen.

I wish my van had an outlet for an MP3 player. Is there a way to hook one up another way? If so, I would love to get me an MP3 player. We live in a small town and there is hardly anything any good on the radio..

All depends on what sort of radio you have in your van. Input ports (if any), casette player (I know there's a way using that), CD player (if it supports MP3 formatted CDs), etc.

There is a device where you can utilize a certain radio station to tune into. The adapter accepts an SD card, so it can go from the computer to the adapter. This device also plugs into the 12volt adapter(other end of it, of course). Some even come with a small remote. The cheap ones are less than $10, but you provide your own SD card. Places like Meritline and the like should have them in profusion.

Lot's of MP3 players have FM tuner adapters so you can utilize your cigarette lighter as a charger and tuner. I know iPod and Zune have them, not sure if the 'smaller' companies have adapters also. You just find an 'empty' spot on your radio dial and set your adapter to it, then it will transmit your MP3 through your van/car stereo. As mentioned, most MP3 players that I know of will let you arrange your music and make playlist.