How far will they go with the early open times?

brinak2005

I have been reading everyone's thoughts on the midnight and earlier openings. I am not a fan of the early starts. I used to be able to get at least 4 or 5 hours of sleep before heading out and shopping all day. Now, we are gonna be rushing out after having Thanksgiving dinner with no time to rest after cooking and cleaning up.

With each year having earlier opening times than the year before, do you think it will continue to change each year or will they stop at some point? I think the 10pm opening is absolutely absurd and can't imagine the stores starting earlier than that. An 8 or 9 pm start and I would have to say forget it.

What do you think the future holds for Black Friday shopping?

I think that if everyone complains to the stores then they may at least go back to the midnight openings and forget about the 10pm. openings..

I am definitely going to leave a comment on the Walmart facebook page that I liked their sale start time much better last year..The other stores don't really affect me bc I always go to Walmart first since it is the only major retail store in our area.

It all depends on how their sales are this year. If sales are down, they could likely assume people only shopped for a few hours vs. the whole day and re-think the whole early opening time trend.

But if sales are as good or better than predicted, there's no telling what will happen next year. The numbers that come out in the days after BF will be very, very interesting.