Toshiba/Satellite Laptop / AMD E-Series / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory $269. f/s

enigma76

I don't know how I missed this in their flyer when I was looking. I guess because I was looking at the Harry Potter DVD prices and camera prices only :yup: thanks for bringing this to my attention. Since I went in to get the link for you, I ended up purchasing two of them :D I did have to do 2 different orders as they only allow one per order. :yuck: Seems sort of senseless when they allow you to do a complete new order....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

thank you OP!!! and my wallet thanks you....:gd_dollar:gd_dollar:gd_dollar

Just ordered me one..Thank You! I missed the $239 deal from the other day becuz I was telling my little sister about it, then she called me to say she had ordered 2 of them, so when I went to order one, there was none left I'm assuming. I tried to have it shipped in Kansas for her to pick up, and Iowa, and Illinois for my friend to pick up and it said not available anywhere to ship to store. Supposably she got a confirmation email from her area in Kansas, but I said hopefully you got it, cuz u must of gotten the last 2 even made..lol With this one I was able to have it shipped to my house. Our closest best buy is an hr. away so all in all the other deal would of cost me just as much after I put gas in the car to go get it :)

Looks like a really good deal based on the brand,processor and amount of ram. I was wanting to hold off and see the BF laptop deals but I was afraid to pass this one up. Fortunately BB still had them in stock when I placed my order. Thanks for the post..

From what the actual hard copy ad states, it claims there is a "Guaranteed to get it Buy it in store online or by phone Price and availability are guaranteed from November 6-19." Then it has the small number 1 as a footnote. The footnote states that the product may be temporarily out of stock but you can still purchase and they will ship it to your home free of charge. So even if they do sell out, they will allow you to order and ship it to you when it comes in....

My sister has decided to hold off on ordering due to this guarantee.. She wants to wait and see if there are any better deals closer to Black Friday. I don't think it is worth waiting.. you can't beat this price for these spec's without waiting on a long line... or fighting a crowd... this way I will have time to go elsewhere for something else I need :yup:

I have the Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983. It is 3 GB Ram & 320 GB HD without the webcam. I got it a couple of years ago at BB just before Black Friday for $379 (I think). It's an AMD Athlon 11dual-core M300 I love it.. I hope these that I just ordered are like this one I have... I use this now as opposed to a desktop!!!

Hello, just saw this thread. How is this computer. I am looking to replace DD13s laptop. Hers is running hot and keeps shutting down on her. When my laptop last year started that eventually the harddrive went. I was thinking of getting this for her. She does Facebook, emails, surf and does projects for school on Word or similar. DH would take her old one and run it until it dies at his Dad's during the week. It would save me from not having to get him the Kindle Fire, or a Roku box. All these decisions, but this is a great price for the laptop. Any thoughts???

It's a very good deal for all the specs. I debated too, but didn't want to stand in line this yr. for 4 hrs. like I did last yr. for Walmarts laptop I got for 198 last yr. So I searched the 2010 black friday ads from last yr. and for all the specs on this laptop they mostly ran in the $300-$400 range on black friday last yr. Walmart might have one cheaper but it won't have as much ram and stuff on it. So for me paying an extra $70 and not having to stand in line for 4 hrs. I'm gonna spend the extra money to get it for me..Last yr. I got the cheaper one for my son so this is my early Christmas present to myself :)

OK, I'm in on one. My daughter likes her sister's Asus Windows 7 laptop. She is tired of her buggy Windows Vista laptop she has now.

I never dealt with Vista.. I went from the Windows XP to to Widows 7. I had heard to many horror stories about Vista. I love Windows 7.

I actually have pretty close to this same laptop and love it, we had an older model before and had some issues but Customer service was AMAZING...they sent prepaid BOX to ship it in and sent it back within 3 days fixed like new! Come to think of it this laptops charging cord died and they sent me one OVERNIGHT no questions asked.

Definatly recommend Toshiba over any other CS computer I've dealt with !

Personally speaking, I will never buy Toshiba again. The first one I bought in 2005 worked decent for 2 years (aside from the power crowd breaking, which I will take blame for). Then the screen started messing up with a red glow of sorts on it. I bought another during the summer of 2009. It was terrible straight out of the box. Windows vista and the drivers that were pre-installed did not work well and I had to reformat 6 times until I got my free Windows 7 upgrade. Haven't had an operating system error since. The keyboards are cheap as well, specifically the keys. They like to stick down and not come back up. It got to the point to where I bought a $10 Logitech USB keyboard. The things that really made me mad was how bad Toshiba's over heat over heats. Not 2 weeks after buying the darn thing I had to buy a cooling pad for it just to write college papers and browse the internet.

So if your buying this computer for someone that doesn't use a computer a lot, they will probably like it. If you want to do anything like watch movies or play an older game, you will have problems.

Personally speaking, I will never buy Toshiba again. The first one I bought in 2005 worked decent for 2 years (aside from the power crowd breaking, which I will take blame for). Then the screen started messing up with a red glow of sorts on it. I bought another during the summer of 2009. It was terrible straight out of the box. Windows vista and the drivers that were pre-installed did not work well and I had to reformat 6 times until I got my free Windows 7 upgrade. Haven't had an operating system error since. The keyboards are cheap as well, specifically the keys. They like to stick down and not come back up. It got to the point to where I bought a $10 Logitech USB keyboard. The things that really made me mad was how bad Toshiba's over heat over heats. Not 2 weeks after buying the darn thing I had to buy a cooling pad for it just to write college papers and browse the internet.

So if your buying this computer for someone that doesn't use a computer a lot, they will probably like it. If you want to do anything like watch movies or play an older game, you will have problems.

I do have to agree that the unit does get hot, but that is about it.. I use a computer my computer a lot and I love it... and have never had a problem with the keys sticking. I am not saying that you don't. I think you just got a bum unit... I have 2 Toshiba's and love both of them. I know others who have them and really like them too. I also have a personal friend who is a computer repair man and he said they are not bad brands.. it all depends on what you are purchasing. You can buy a cheap unit by any brand, and you can get a lemon made by any brand... for the price Best Buy has these units, and they spec's they are.. they are not a bad deal...

I do have to agree that the unit does get hot, but that is about it.. I use a computer my computer a lot and I love it... and have never had a problem with the keys sticking. I am not saying that you don't. I think you just got a bum unit... I have 2 Toshiba's and love both of them. I know others who have them and really like them too. I also have a personal friend who is a computer repair man and he said they are not bad brands.. it all depends on what you are purchasing. You can buy a cheap unit by any brand, and you can get a lemon made by any brand... for the price Best Buy has these units, and they spec's they are.. they are not a bad deal...

We have 2 Toshibas now, and one before that lasted us 7 years then my Sister had it another year after. We trust the Toshiba brand. I plan on getting this for my Daughter it is a perfect laptop to replace her Toshiba that she has now for her to do Facebook, emails and papers for school.

This looks like a great deal. I wish I needed one. I am typing this on a 5 year old dual core Toshiba laptop. It still works great, I can't justify replacing it. It hasn't ever needed repairs. My daughter's Compaq has been through two power chords. The one that's lasted the best was a cheap one from ebay, the HP/Compaq replacement barely lasted a year.

I received the BB Toshiba laptop today. When I ordered it, I was fairly sure it would be one of the better laptop deals this season. After spending a few hours on the laptop and reviewing current BF adds, I am pretty sure my assumption was correct. The speed is remarkable and the graphics are stunning. If you are looking for a reasonable priced laptop($269.00) I see no way you can go wrong with this purchase..