Best Buy to Greet Black Friday Shoppers with Historic Midnight Store Opening

bigjimslade

Best Buy to open doors to blockbuster CE deals at 12 midnight, Nov.25

Facebook sweepstakes offers Best Buy fans a prize pool of $25,000 in e-gift cards before and after Black Friday

MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 4, 2011 - On Nov. 25, the hottest Black Friday deals on must-have holiday gifts will be available even earlier when Best Buy opens its doors at 12 midnight. In more than 20 key markets, the retailer also will host a major cinematic event at its stores at 9 p.m. local time, details of which will be announced in coming days.

"At Best Buy, we're focused on creating an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers," said Barry Judge, Best Buy's executive vice president and chief marketing officer. "Black Friday is just the beginning. This commitment will come to life throughout the holiday season in a variety of offers and initiatives that give customers great values and the most convenient ways to shop for everyone on their list."

$25,000 Best Buy e-gift card prize pool for Facebook fans begins Nov. 20

Best Buy's Black Friday experience extends beyond Black Friday this year with a special offer for its Facebook fans: the chance to win from a prize pool of $25,000 worth of e-gift cards. Beginning Sunday, Nov. 20, and running through Monday, Nov. 28, fans will have the chance to win one of 10 e-gift cards daily. As the week progresses, so do the monetary values, on the last day, giving fans the chance to win one of 10 Best Buy e-gift cards valued at $500. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Stay tuned to http://www.Facebook.com/BestBuy for Official Rules and complete details.

Best Buy's "Hot" Holiday Offers Available Season-Long

Best Buy is stocked with the hottest gifts at the best prices this holiday season. Through its expanded offerings, customers can take advantage of a convenient, service-oriented experience both in-store and online aimed at reducing the stress of holiday shopping.

Free Shipping: From now through Dec. 27, Best Buy will offer free standard shipping on all items purchased on BestBuy.com. Unlike some retailers, no minimum purchase will be required and free shipping will apply to the over 400,000 items like computers and accessories, gaming software and hardware sold at BestBuy.com -with no exceptions -- for the eight full weeks leading up to and immediately following Christmas Day.

Same-Day Store Pickup: Customers can conveniently order their choice of products on www.bestbuy.com and conveniently pick them up at their local Best Buy store for free the in as little as 45 minutes.

Ship-to-Store: Order items from an expanded online assortment and have them shipped free to a local store for easy pickup.

Easy Returns: Best Buy is taking the stress out of holiday returns by continuing its no restocking fee policy, except for special orders, through the season and all year long. Best Buy also recognizes that sometimes the perfect gift may be a duplicate or not quite as perfect as the giver intended, so it has extended its return policy for purchases made this holiday shopping season. Gift purchases can be returned or exchanged from Nov. 13, 2011 through Jan. 24, 2012.

Price Matching: Best Buy customers will enjoy unbeatable prices on hot consumer electronics - guaranteed - this holiday season. Best Buy will match its retail store competitors on any identical available product for sale between Nov. 13, 2011 through Dec. 24, 2011 (Nov. 24 Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 28 Cyber Monday excluded). Best Buy customers who make a purchase during those dates also will have the peace of mind that, should Best Buy or a local retail store competitor reduce the price prior to Jan. 24, 2012, Best Buy will match the new lower price - just let us know.1

In addition to Best Buy big box locations, Best Buy Mobile specialty stores will also be opening earlier on Black Friday. Check the store locator page located on BestBuy.com for more information on specific Best Buy Mobile locations.

About Best Buy Co., Inc.

Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is a leading multi-channel global retailer and developer of technology products and services. Every day our employees - 180,000 strong - are committed to helping deliver the technology solutions that enable easy access to people, knowledge, ideas and fun. We are keenly aware of our role and impact on the world, and we are committed to developing and implementing business strategies that bring sustainable technology solutions to our consumers and communities. For information about Best Buy, visit http://www.bby.com/ and to shop at Best Buy, visit http://www.bestbuy.com/.

# # #

1 Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period. Perfect Match Promise products have an extended 60-day price match period. The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity,out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Well it was only a matter of time. I suppose this means now that everyone will have to line up 5 hours earlier as a result. @Bigjimslade, I'd imagine this news means then that tent city will be starting earlier this year, assuming there's deals good enough to warrant this of course.

Tent city will be starting early this year. I will have a better idea when the ad is posted.

Well it was only a matter of time. I suppose this means now that everyone will have to line up 5 hours earlier as a result. @Bigjimslade, I'd imagine this news means then that tent city will be starting earlier this year, assuming there's deals good enough to warrant this of course.

Here is the quotes from the Best Buy CEO

"We were going to be open at much more civilized hour, like 3 or 4 (a.m.)," Dunn said at a BSR conference. But after "several (rival) retailers moved to a midnight opening," then Dunn said "we made a decision at Best Buy that we need to be where our customers are."

"I feel terrible because it impacts, it'll change some Thanksgiving plans for some of our employees," Dunn conceded. "...I know that the decision has been a bit controversial with some of our folks, but the truth of the matter is, the customers will be out there, lined up, for that midnight opening."

Well that seals it.

Honestly I hope this "cinematic" event isn't at my store. It will force people to get there even earlier due to the more pubic view. Least there both opening up at midnight. They better be packing one heck of a ad to justify this.

That second/third sentence made me LOL...

On topic though, not surprising. I will not go to any of the big retailers unless I absolutely have to if they have something special. This year though I am only looking for a new tv/media/entertainment stand/center. And since I don't anticipate those being heavily discounted, I am not going to worry about going out.

Here is the quotes from the Best Buy CEO

"We were going to be open at much more civilized hour, like 3 or 4 (a.m.)," Dunn said at a BSR conference. But after "several (rival) retailers moved to a midnight opening," then Dunn said "we made a decision at Best Buy that we need to be where our customers are."

"I feel terrible because it impacts, it'll change some Thanksgiving plans for some of our employees," Dunn conceded. "...I know that the decision has been a bit controversial with some of our folks, but the truth of the matter is, the customers will be out there, lined up, for that midnight opening."

I don't see how civilized 3 or 4 Am is. My normal wake-up is 4:30 for my hour long commute to work. You would think that a CEO would be in tune with his customers who already camp out for their deals. If he did the slightest amount of homework on this very subject, he would immediately realize that those who camp would benefit from not having to stand out in the freezing cold all night. To me, that is more humane and benefits the consumer.

That second/third sentence made me LOL...

On topic though, not surprising. I will not go to any of the big retailers unless I absolutely have to if they have something special. This year though I am only looking for a new tv/media/entertainment stand/center. And since I don't anticipate those being heavily discounted, I am not going to worry about going out.

Fortunately for you, some retailers discount these knowing there is a market around this time of year for them. I found one at Walmart (last BF time-frame), and while it was in-route, the price went down. I called them and they adjusted the price to save even more.

Interesting. Usually we can't get the workers to even pay attention to us, now they are going to be playing a movie in the parking lot? Is that just for the 20 major markets? Lots of questions... Guess I'll have to give the manager in my local BB a few days for him to get notified and then start my recon early.

I don't understand. So three hours before the door opens on black Friday. They will treat us to a movie? I'm not ten years old. I don't need to be occupied by a movie. And, this really puts a dent to black Friday. I'm not sure if I want to be lining up 5 hours early. I usually leave at 10 AM thanksgiving morning being the 3rd-4th family. But.. Well idk about this year after doing this for 8 years

I don't understand. So three hours before the door opens on black Friday. They will treat us to a movie? I'm not ten years old. I don't need to be occupied by a movie.

Geez, way to take it personal. Nobody said BF'ers were kids, if you don't want to watch it get some earplugs and continue whatever you were doing previously. Nobody needs a freebie but SOME may enjoy something to pass their time. That's equivalent to me complaining about free/complimentary coffee because I don't drink coffee.

I don't know about everyone else, but im keeping my fingers crossed that BestBuy doesn't evade my line camping with a movie. I'd change stores just for that alone, some people might be trying to sleep.

I can't imagine how this will be done at large plaza's. My area theres tons of other stores also open at the same time. Parking lot filled with cars, and people walking and driving by. Just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Geez, way to take it personal. Nobody said BF'ers were kids, if you don't want to watch it get some earplugs and continue whatever you were doing previously. Nobody needs a freebie but SOME may enjoy something to pass their time. That's equivalent to me complaining about free/complimentary coffee because I don't drink coffee.

Coffee, now that would be nice for the grown-ups since the kids will watch the movie.

I don't know about everyone else, but im keeping my fingers crossed that BestBuy doesn't evade my line camping with a movie. I'd change stores just for that alone, some people might be trying to sleep.

I can't imagine how this will be done at large plaza's. My area theres tons of other stores also open at the same time. Parking lot filled with cars, and people walking and driving by. Just seems like a recipe for disaster.

I have seen how they do this when they want to set up an impromptu movie theater. It is called an inflatable screen. they can set it up in the parking lot.