Walmart Commercial BF stuff Shown!

starshine

I still don't have TV (hurricane screwed up the satellite) and won't have until the 18th, so I haven't seen any of the commercials yet.

I've slowly worked my way through most of the seasons of Friends, now working on the seasons of Sex and the City (I'm up to season 4)

Hello those commercials are playing here in my area too! It's not only Garth Brookes though! Beyonce has a commercial with her family they are all holding electronics that they have gotten and the other one I saw is Martina Mc Bride! They are getting alot of stars to help them this year! When you are in walmart they keep playing "Home for the Holidays" sung by Martina McBride.I heard that the other day over and over when I was scouting out things from the BF ad!! I can't wait! chuzi:2wiggle:

Story I found:

Garth Brooks, Destiny's Child Appear In Wal-Mart Holiday Ads

Holiday Ad Campaign Started Tuesday; Earlier Start Ever

In a first for Wal-Mart, the retailer has recruited celebrities like Garth Brooks and Destiny's Child to appear in holiday television and print ads.

The retailer started its holiday campaign Tuesday, the first time the world's largest retailer has run ads this early in the season.

It's the first time Wal-Mart has used celebrities in an ad campaign, which will also include country singer Martina McBride, pop star Jesse McCartney and actress and singer Queen Latifah.

The ads will feature each of the celebrities at their actual homes to fit with the theme, "Home for the Holidays."

"This campaign corresponds to our overall objective of being more relevant to the broad range of customers who shop in our stores," said John Fleming, Wal-Mart's chief marketing officer. "We expect our focus on familiar celebrities who are enjoying themselves at home with family and friends to resonate well with everyone who is looking forward to being home for the holidays this year."

The celebrities will be featured in print, TV, radio and Internet ads as well as on posters and signs in Wal-Mart stores.

~H~

Kinda-sorta. I found this while scouring the net trying to look for a place that I can view the commercial online:

http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=01181

Looks like WalMart is the only retail store you'll be able to buy Garth music from now on. Not that this matters to me one way or the other, as I am not a Garth fan.

~H~

So is Garth WM's newest spokesperson?