Apps-which ones do I need this BF/Holiday Season?

HansieDZ

I got a Droid X Global in June and admit I have very few ideas on the real capabilities of this smartphone.

I have the Gottadeal app of course and the bar code scanner but which ones would be good for shopping this year?

If anyone has a Must-Have App they use (and how they use it) or any and all tips for getting the most out of my smartphone this season,I'd appreciate the info.

Surely I'm not the only Smartphone Newb!

Hmm. AlarmclockPlus to wake you up, Gasbuddy to get you cheap gas as you drive from store to store, googlemaps if you get lost, fruitslice to waste away the wee morning hours, and shopsavvy barcode to compare prices.

I am sure there are more, but I am having too much fun right now to think of them. In the tech section there is an entire thread for all of us rocking android phones and their amazing (normally free) apps.

Hmm. AlarmclockPlus to wake you up, Gasbuddy to get you cheap gas as you drive from store to store, googlemaps if you get lost, fruitslice to waste away the wee morning hours, and shopsavvy barcode to compare prices.

I am sure there are more, but I am having too much fun right now to think of them. In the tech section there is an entire thread for all of us rocking android phones and their amazing (normally free) apps.

Thank you :)

I started on that thread but didn't find anything specific to what might be most helpful on BF or for shopping this season.

I really am pretty clueless to what all my phone can do and wondered how others use their phone to an advantage.

Keep the tips coming!

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible to visit websites and buy things online w/a smartphone? If so I can buy things while out at other stores instead of waking my husband up in the middle of the night like last year.

Sure you can buy stuff online with a smartphone. Many retailers have mobile versions of their sites that load quicker, but the prices would still be the same.

We have our online Black Friday sales tracker on the BF site that will work great on a smartphone as well. It has a clean, simple design that will load fast when the time comes. You can view the tracker, and then clicking on the item links will take you right to the retailer's site (usually the mobile version) to complete your purchase.

Sure you can buy stuff online with a smartphone. Many retailers have mobile versions of their sites that load quicker, but the prices would still be the same.

We have our online Black Friday sales tracker on the BF site that will work great on a smartphone as well. It has a clean, simple design that will load fast when the time comes. You can view the tracker, and then clicking on the item links will take you right to the retailer's site (usually the mobile version) to complete your purchase.

I wish you had a GD app for webOS :(.

Last year as Brad posted the black friday store pdf scans on the forum i downloaded each one to my phone. Then i used the adobe reader app to look at the ads anytime i wanted. Beats carrying the physical ads with ya. Came in handy too while in kohls when i needed to see the ad. I love my android smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Where do I find the BF sales tracker?

The online trackers won't launch until the week of BF when stores start putting their BF ad items online.

We'll be posting links to them all over - on the BF site, forum, Facebook, Twitter, in the e-mails sent to the mailing list. If you are connected in any way to GD, you won't miss them :)