Will Walmart price match again this Black Friday?

Darterman

Last year, I purchased a Nook e-reader for $100 for my wife from my local Walmart. Best Buy had the Nook for $100, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to get it there because I wasn't willing to camp out overnight or even longer. I had scouted my local Walmart and knew they had the Nook. I also had read here that Walmart was price matching on Black Friday. Going to Walmart to get the Nook (its normal price at that time was $149) was very easy even though it was very crowded there on Black Friday. I was the only one who was in electronics for the Nook. Most everyone else was there for the iPod Touch or some other item. The Nook wasn't even on anybody else's radar.

I haven't seen anything yet on whether Walmart will be price matching on Black Friday. Anyone heard anything?

PP is right. I've also done it before. Walmart not only price matches on BF, but anytime. Just as long as you have the ad from the other store, its the exact same item and its a price, not a % off or after MIR kind of thing, you should be fine.

You don't have to have the ad to price match anymore. It is on their corporate policy.

I was in Walmart the other day and a cashier said that they won't price match on BF. But last year they did. The manager came up and told me bc he saw me with a target ad. :) This was a cashier that told me this and she was not working there last BF, so I really doubt that she knows what she is talking about. Our Walmart cashiers never know anything until the last minute...

On today's Bloomberg's Business Report they stated Walmart will have a price matching policy that if you buy an item from them between November 1 and Christmas (I believe) and the price is lower anywhere else after your purchase, bring in the ad and they will refund you the difference in price on a Wal-mart gift card.

I think it is a store to store policy. I know I tried to price match at a store in south Dakota about 4 years ago and even back then they said it was a store to store decision. Even calling ahead didn't help as they had said they would match but then when I got up to the counter she said no pm and when I asked to speak with a manager and even said the name of the person I talked to they were appologetic but strict on their stance.

On today's Bloomberg's Business Report they stated Walmart will have a price matching policy that if you buy an item from them between November 1 and Christmas (I believe) and the price is lower anywhere else after your purchase, bring in the ad and they will refund you the difference in price on a Wal-mart gift card.

They started running commercials for this yesterday. Not sure how they will handle the BF sales though. Seems like they will just be giving away a lot of gift cards soon.

They started running commercials for this yesterday. Not sure how they will handle the BF sales though. Seems like they will just be giving away a lot of gift cards soon.

See the other thread - they are not going to allow you to get this guarantee with a competitor BF ad.

With our troubled economy and high gas prices, Walmart is planning to make our lives a little easier this holiday season! Today, Walmart introduced their Christmas price guarantee which means Walmart will match the prices to its competitors during or after purchase. So lets say you went to purchase a video game for $59.99 at Walmart on November 1st and Target has it for $39.99 on December 17th then all you need to do is bring your original Walmart receipt and a Target ad listing the $39.99 price to Walmart and they will give you the difference ($20) via Walmart gift card. The Christmas price guarantee program does not start until the 1st of November (ends 12/25) so we definitely recommend waiting till then to make any big purchases so that way the Walmart's Christmas price guarantee might help you save even more in the future.

Note: The Christmas price guarantee EXCLUDES Black Friday and/or internet pricing