new here and I have a ?

bradburngirls

I am a single mom of 2 wonderful girls and this is my first christmas to provide for them alone. I am looking for great deals and ideas and so on in which I can still have my girls believe in santa on a very low fixed income. If you have any ideas or deals or whatevers please let me know.

I have found great deals at Big Lots before, I am always amazed at what I can find there. Also, I always check the clearance section at Target, I find the best stuff there, sometimes I am shocked at the deals I find there!

Hope that helps.

You can find nice things at the Dollar Tree if there is one near you. I just got my granddaughter a Disney Princess stamper set, hardcover books and those scarves everyone is wearing for her. If you went to anothe store to get these items it would cost you a lot more than a $1. for each item.

Guest all2tired
You can also checkout the Salvation Army, They have the Toys for Tots stuff there. You'd need to register now though and it may even be too late. The Salvation Army takes into account ALL of your bills when qualifying you. So even if you made 100,000 a year if your total bills left you with little or nothing, you'd qualify. Just a thought and each child gets 3 new gifts

Thank-you so much for the ideas. Yes the dollar store has cool stuff and I have been buying a couple of things there each month to put away for christmas. The salvation army here in town already has a wait list and yes I am on it and praying just like for our thanksgiving day dinner that someone somewhere adopts us off those list.

I am not worried about quilifing for any program because my only income is my daughters SSI at 546.00 a month.

THANK-YOU so much for all the wonderful ideas and such and I am so new here that I still am trying to read all the current post. I am keeping my eyes open.

Does and one know the shipping price of the big bratz doll? I was just wondering?

THANK-YOU

Good luck and this is the best place to be for single parents. Alot of great deals on here. I have been telling a friend of mine who's hubby just up and left her a couple of weeks ago that she should register here because she is worried about Christmas. There are alot of goodies in the BF ads for your girls' age group. My girls are a little older so they are into more grown up stuff. Radio Shack usually has some good stuff, cheap, for stocking stuffers.

You may want to check to see if your area has a freecycle gorup. It is a group that you can ask for stuff and get rid of unwanted items rather than throwing them away. It is pretty cool if you have one in your area, check it out.. I think you just go to freecycle.org and look for you in your area.

I would check out the Halloween clearences also. You could put together a big box of dress up stuff for them and at 75% off at Walmart or more it would be dirt cheap.

For anyone that's buying Halloween costumes for dress up boxes for Christmas gifts, Target just marked their Halloween down to 90% off today.

I was just at one of my Targets a couple of hours ago, and they still had a really good selection of costumes.

Does and one know the shipping price of the big bratz doll? I was just wondering?

THANK-YOU

I believe the shipping if I wanted it shipped to me was $9 and some change.

Here is the link:

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2280199/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

You can add it to your shopping cart, go through checkout, but before actually having to checkout or enter any credit card info, it will give you the total amount with tax and shipping.

I also wanted to tell you to check out these two threads I posted. You can earn free gift cards to Amazon (can be used at toysrus.com). I already got my gift cards from the insiderpages one, only took a few days as they send the gift card codes via email. I'm waiting for the gift cards from the weekly reader one as those ones I guess they send through the mail. The Weekly Reader one you have to have your kids take some surveys then redeem the points. The insiderpages you just have to write reviews to earn the cards. Takes a little work for both but hey, its free shopping money!

Insiderpages:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=17307

Weekly Reader:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=17479