Leap Frog or V Smile???

kandstweedy

:banana01: I want to get one of those hand held learning games for my 6 year old! I just don't know which one is better??? I have looked at them both! I noticed there are more games for the Leap Frog but I see the V Smile advertised more! I hope you can help me with this! TIA I also want to thank everyone on here for your great ideas and helpful hints!!! I can't wait for BF I swear that is all I can think about!

I went with the L-Max. My son is only 4 and I felt that they had more age appropriate games and a wider selection of games to carry him through the years. This is just from what I have seen I have been wondering and doing research on both products for a while now.

My sister got the V Smile for her kids last year for Christmas, the thing lasted 4 months and now it won't work. Of course it was past the warranty. She bought the Leapster for her son for his birthday last January and it's still going strong. Just my 2 cents.

LOL had the same trouble

We went to TRU and let DD "test" all of them and I can say we are going with the game boy advance. She seemed to have less trouble with the buttons and the games are more plentiful. Since GB games of the past will work we have found several that are "educational". DD played the vtech and the leappad for maybe 15 mins each and avoided the truly "educational" areas for the "fun" games. Add to that there are Dora, Spongbob, and other cartoon episodes that can be watched on the GBA it has more uses to us then the others. Also the 10hr play time is more then I have heard is expected out of the others

It sounds like alot of you are leaning towards the leapster!! I know they do have more games! I will probably go that route then! I went to amazon.com and they both had pretty good reviews!!! I just wish there was one big thing that would push me one way or the other! Thank you all for your help!!! I love this site, really makes christmas shopping so much easier!! See you all on BF!!!:woot2:

I got my then 4 yo a leapster last year and I am glad I spent the money on it. He is a video game freak and the games for leapster held his interest just as the games for gameboy, only the leapster games were actually teaching him things. I especially like the cartridge that helps with writing. I also bought the vsmile last year and he used it only a handfull of times for about a month after he got it. I am hoping they come out with games for the vsmile for the younger age group. Maybe my 2 you will get some use out of it! and when buying the leapster definetely opt for the charger it runs out of batteries pretty quick.