Stocking stuffers... help! Need ideas...

ChristmasShopping

All year round I look for stuff in places like the dollar spot at target-notebooks, pencils, magic wands and tiaras- and put them up to be stocking stuffers for ds8 and dd3. I also shop at a pawn shop close to my house and they have movies on sale for $2 each so i always can find some movie that my kids have been wanting and it is as good as new, and i can get them more than one at that price! My mother in law has about twenty stockings to do each year so all year long she buys $5 mcdonalds gift cards here and there and little bags of candy and she just does a little stocking with your bigger gift.

I would suggest practical items , deodarants, shampoos, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, brushes, pens, rubberbands, paper clips, pencils memo pads, chap stick gum, mints, ( a lot of gum coupons out the last few weeks):

If you have a harbor freight near you they have some great free coupons on things for guys stockings. I usually pick up additional items on clearance when I am there for the free stuff. Dollar tree also has some items for the car or handcleaners that could work.

Adult woman, you could add flavored teas, or coffees,

For next year, I would suggest the Target dollar spot when its goes 75% off, I got some of the things suggest above doing that plus measuring cups, dish cloths, books, etc. I also like the clearance at Michaels. Dollar General had Bubble Wands this morning for 10 cent a piece (my Sunday school kids will love them!!

itunes gift cards,sample sizes of perfume,cologne. i always send for any freebie i can and i sometimes put freebies into stockings

my mom always used to put pennies and an orange.i looked it up and that is an old fashion thing to do.oranges were hard to come by so getting one on christmas was special. too bad i didint know that back when she did it haha

thos $1 stretch gloves,slipper socks,different chap sticks

I only fix 2 stockings, so I guess I go a bit overboard. I fix for DH and DS13. They both get:

Money soap (from Hallmark), funny boxers, movies, a video game, giftcards, and candy (large Hershey Kiss).

DS13 is also getting: Clue board game, the current SanDiego ComicCon transformer from this year, dollar bills, Spy recording voice recognition pen.

DH is also getting: new sweatshirt (NE Patriots), lottery tickets,new bottle of cologne, and gloves (cause he loses them EVERY year).

This is all I have up to this point, however their stockings are HUGE so I'm sure once I get everything in I will still need more. Ugg, I don't even wanna know how much I spend on stockings.:eyepoppin

As for adults I would put things like chocolate, small perfumes or lotions, scratch off lottery cards, maybe dvds or gift cards

For teens I would put things they might need like shampoos, perfumes, toothbrishes, hairbrushes , hair clips, giftcards, etc

preteens it depends on there age, if older preteen I would do similiar to teen gifts if younger preteens I would add a few smaller toys in there as well

Each year I do 3 kid stocking, 3 adults stockings, and 3 pet stockings so I know it can get stressful. Hope those ideas helped

Neutral: Hot cocoa packets, travel coffee mug, gum, gloves, hat, scarves, small puzzles, crossword puzzle books, small box chocolate covered cherries, holiday flavored tea bags, slipper socks, DVDs, chapstick, hand warmers, Christmasn Ornament.

For those with cars: ice scrapper, can of de-icer, air freshner

Girls : nail polish, nail polish remover, emery boards, small perfume or body sprays, small lotion kits, make up, hair clips,

Boys: after shave, cologne, shaving cream and razors,

I get stockings every year - usually two. I also get "small gifts" and "filler" type gifts from people that are the stocking type gift variety. As a recipient of these gifts I have to say do not fill the stockings with junk that will just end up in a drawer or trashed :( I hate this. I would much rather have a few useable items rather than than a whole bunch of stuff I know I will end up junking. I always end up with note pads, candy, silly toys or games and car items that just get tossed and I feel bad about it because I know people spent money on it. But I do not like clutter and it is not things that I am going to use.

Personally I would not do any perfume, lotion etc as scent can be a personal thing. Unless it's for a young girl - make up would be out too. Little girls have so much hair fodder I would hate to get this as a mom. Stick to a decent brand of Lip gloss and that works for girls of any age - Bath and Body works has a few decent ones and they do good sale prices. Burts Bees is good too. I like the slipper fuzzy socks everyone can always use a new pair of those and they take up a good bit of room in a stocking. Someone mentioned an ornament - that is a good idea. You can even do something specific to each person based on their tastes or a special memory. A small gift card is always nice - I would personally stay away from fast food chains unless you know the person eats there often, some people just don't do fast food much anymore. Small 4 or 6 size boxes of Godiva chocolate are a hit :)

We usually set a limit on stockings (or try to LOL) they get expensive! I want to do one for my mom this year and I'm not sure what to fill it with. I need to start collecting soon if I'm going to put it together. It may prove to be a challenge.

Lottery Tickets and tube socks! I wouldn't get anything in my stocking if it wasn't for those two items.

I sometimes get my nephews some hot wheels, since they love them (especially the mystery ones), and also once certain Halloween candy goes on clearance, I get that to fill the stockings.

I try to fill stockings with items I would want to receive and that would be the following:

Those 1 dollar gloves, I keep a pair--or 2 in each car we have incase a kid or adult forget theirs, throughout the winter.

Lottery tickets of any kind :)

Gas Card, coffee card, sheetz, kmart, walgreen, for just 5 dollars, I/anyone can use the 5 bucks to grab some mints/gum and a coffee or cocoa on the run, before doing major shopping and don't wish to sit in a long drive thru line...

those super soft fuzzy kind of slipper socks -WOW love 'em

For a person who has to spend alot of time in the car, travel size kleenex, small wipes, mints, small bottle of aspirin, even a holiday CD . . .

Travel mug, cocoa in a variety of flavors, small powdered coffeemate in yummy flavors (that too can be kept in car of someone who drives alot, they can add it to "plain" coffee they may get at some stores...)

Small travel brush/mirror, COUGH Drops, and then of course there are alot of more expensive things, but I don't think that is what you are looking for suggestions of..

:D Happy Stuffing!

My sister is 16, and wants these in her stocking:

http://www.archydesigns.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/category&path=53

My kids are all 10 and under and will get things like a DVD, shirts, gum, candy, chapstick, toothbrush, leotards for my girls that do gymnastics, small denomination gift cards, new ear buds, lotion, underwear, water bottle, hair accessories, video games, etc.... My 10 year old is asking for bath stuff from Lush this year, so I'll probably toss a shampoo bar and a bubble bar in her stocking. My husband and I don't do stockings every year, but when we do I usually put in an iTunes card, card game, DVD, plain white T-shirts, small hand tools, gum, or his favorite candy.

My kids say they like the stockings the most cuz they never know what will be in it and being teenagers they usually have an idea of what they are getting as far as regular presents go. I did a secret santa questionnaire this year, think I will revise it a little more but asked similar stuff to what we do on Gottadeal for secret santa... Figured it might give me a few ideas for surprises in the stockings and at the very least, be sure their favorite candy etc is in there... DH and i do stockings too, I'm more inventive but I hope he is getting better...

I never have problems filling stockings- my issue is knowing when to quit. lol I collect things all year long, and am constantly thinking I don't have enough, yet come Christmas Eve- I end up holding back a bunch of stuff, because it all won't fit in the stockings. :) I always do some toys, color books & crayons, hair pretty's, candy, and lottery tickets for the older crowd. Because I coupon, I am also this year doing toothbrushes for everyone & body wash and deodorant.