October, what a bust!

diecastbeatdown

So for those of you who may not have noticed October is usually filled with great deals. Many of these deals rival what has been seen during Black Friday, hard to believe right? This primarily pertains to electronics such as receivers, hard drives, TVs, etc.

However, this year has been lacking somewhat, what could have brought this on? There have been many deals on electronics since the beginning of the year and it's possible the effects of manufacturing cut backs from 2008 are now being seen. It's going to be very interesting to see how retailers play it this year.

I agree with Brad. The deals will pick up after Halloween. Right now many of the stores that have their BF sales such as Target, Walmart, KMart, etc are busy selling Halloween stuff. Without the competition the others aren't going to drop prices this early. Early November they will drop but the closer it gets to BF the better the deals. In many cases BF will beat the other deals but not in all cases. Last year I bought an Acer netbook at Target about a week before BF after seeing the BF sales and it was the same price without the BF crowds. Target also had the Logitech M305 mouse for about $3 less than Best Buy's BF price about a week earlier. Check the site, wait for the ads and make your purchases only after you know the comparison item in the BF ads. At this point I will not buy anything until I see the ads of the major BF competitors to see what compatible items will be available on BF.

I know a few years ago I did some pre-BF shopping after the ads had come out. We were in the market for a new t.v. because our old dinosaur was going to go. We looked at what was going to be available - but had no intention of waiting in line and fighting 100 people for the 3 sets BB was going to have for $8 LOL!! Anyway we actually found a better than BF deal because we had the time and luxury of shopping around :) Circuit City (that tells you how many years ago this was!) had a really good sale on a 48" Sony, and we used some Discover Card deal as well and ended up with it about $200 less than a listed BF price! We bought online and picked it up in store about an hour later no crowds :)

I know a few years ago I did some pre-BF shopping after the ads had come out. We were in the market for a new t.v. because our old dinosaur was going to go. We looked at what was going to be available - but had no intention of waiting in line and fighting 100 people for the 3 sets BB was going to have for $8 LOL!! Anyway we actually found a better than BF deal because we had the time and luxury of shopping around :) Circuit City (that tells you how many years ago this was!) had a really good sale on a 48" Sony, and we used some Discover Card deal as well and ended up with it about $200 less than a listed BF price! We bought online and picked it up in store about an hour later no crowds :)

Yup always best to know the comparison price first. I'd kick myself if I overpaid for something I could get cheaper on BF, especially when I'm always at BF early enough to get my choice of anything.

Yup always best to know the comparison price first. I'd kick myself if I overpaid for something I could get cheaper on BF, especially when I'm always at BF early enough to get my choice of anything.

There is no better feeling than to be armed with the ads beforehand, then beating the best deal you are in line for with an online deal with free shipping and no tax to boot!