Worst Christmas???

erh12275

Does anyone else have a Christmas that was just TERRIBLE? Last year was my worst ever...and that's saying something since I spent Christmas in 1999 alone. Last year I had Post Partum Depression. I had my daughter by c-section on the 22nd and came home Christmas Eve night w/ her. I was in pain and depressed Christmas. Then as if that weren't bad enough we went out to eat at a restaurant and the JERK filling the buffet spilled gravy on me. So I am wondering if I am the only one who's had a bad one(or 2 in my case)...or if there are others like me?

My mother went into the hospital 3 years ago today. She was in there for Thanksgiving, her birthday, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter before we found out she had terminal lung cancer. My daughter had just turned 3 when she went in and I didn't have just one holiday to deal with, I had all of them. I've lived with my parents all my life and until they said that she had cancer, we still kept thinking she might get to come back home. My dad was killed in a car wreck in '95 and that year was hard, but 2002-2003 was the worst. She went in on 11/05/2002 and died on 06/04/2003. I was alone except for my nearly 4 yr. old daughter and I had to explain why Nana wasn't coming back home after all. :(

My mother went into the hospital 3 years ago today. She was in there for Thanksgiving, her birthday, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter before we found out she had terminal lung cancer. My daughter had just turned 3 when she went in and I didn't have just one holiday to deal with, I had all of them. I've lived with my parents all my life and until they said that she had cancer, we still kept thinking she might get to come back home. My dad was killed in a car wreck in '95 and that year was hard, but 2002-2003 was the worst. She went in on 11/05/2002 and died on 06/04/2003. I was alone except for my nearly 4 yr. old daughter and I had to explain why Nana wasn't coming back home after all. :(

I feel for you. We buried my mom the 25th of October, 2001. She was only 55. Christmas that year was hard.

My first husband asked me for a divorce over Thanksgiving, 1986. I called my Dad (mom had already passed) to see if I could come home, and found out he had lung cancer. By the time I wrapped everything up to go home, I left on Chr-stmas Eve, 1986.

Sounds like a real nice guy to wait to the holidays.

Other than the Christmas after my dad died (1997), I remember when I was 12 and my dad had his first heart attack. Not only did my dad spend the Christmas holidays in the hospital, my brother and I had to spend all our time at relatives' houses.

I HATED staying at my aunts. My mom came home Christmas Eve night and played Santa to us that night, but the next morning, after we saw what Santa had brought for us, we had to pack up a few things and go back to whoever we were staying with. My entire Christmas vacation consisted of sitting in the back bedroom at my aunt's, teaching myself to type on an old typewriter that didn't have the letters printed on the keys. I missed my family soooo much.

Lori P. :)

To be quite honest, I have had quite a few that have been horrible. My mom passed in June of 92 (cancer), I was 14 at the time. That Christmas was very sad. The year I was pregnant with my son, my hubby had lost his job and we barely had enough money for food, let alone gifts. That Christmas was pretty horrible, and this year is going to be pretty hard. My dad passed away in March and although I am still trying to keep a happy face for my kids, it is bothering me a lot right now with the holidays coming up.

December of 1972. I was pregnant and had been in bed for the last two months to ward off a premature birth. Baby was due Jan 2. I finally was allowed to get up a couple of days before Christmas but there were no presents and an ugly aluminum tree my inlaws brought over. I think my inlaws brought over dinner for Christmas day. It was all very depressing. BUT, on 12/27 I got my beautiful baby boy.

December of 1972. I was pregnant and had been in bed for the last two months to ward off a premature birth. Baby was due Jan 2. I finally was allowed to get up a couple of days before Christmas but there were no presents and an ugly aluminum tree my inlaws brought over. I think my inlaws brought over dinner for Christmas day. It was all very depressing. BUT, on 12/27 I got my beautiful baby boy.

Hey, 12/27- that's my sons birthday too :)

It would probably be the first Christmas without my mom. I actually bought a couple of things for her and it wasn't until after I got home and started wrapping them I realized she wasn't going to be there to open them. I ended up putting my MIL name on them. When she opened them I think she knew something because she said something to the effect that "Oh it looks like something your mom would like". Yea I thought so too.

Actually, my worst Christmas was the year I had my dd on Christmas Eve(1993). She was the best gift I could ever get, but, I went into the hospital about 7:30 in the morning, had her about 8:00, spent the rest of the day crying because she was so beautiful and because I felt sad for the two oldest because mommy was in the hospital on Christmas. I brought her home around noon on Christmas Day, so I didn't even feel like getting out of bed and going downstairs. It was the best gift with the worst Christmas.lol

• 2 weeks later...

My worst Christmas was Christmas of 1990. We had just moved to Germany from Michigan, and my dad was shipped out to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Storm on December 21. It was my mom, me (age 11) and my 2-year-old brother in a German neighborhood. We didn't know anyone in the area to associate with, and we were an ocean away from family. I couldn't really enjoy the gifts because all I wanted was for my dad to be home for Christmas (he came home June 1991).

I often think back to that Christmas when I hear about troops being sent to Iraq. Here in my area, they are always shipping out around November/December, which makes for a sad holiday season for many military families.

Guest clips2save
1995 my grandmother passed away 1 week before. 1998 my grandson had just been born in June. We went north for Christmas, had been there only 2 or 3 days out of 2 weeks. There was a horrible snow & ice storm. We lost power & had none the rest of our vacation. It was horrible. Had to go to my uncle's just to stay warm as he had a fire place. When I left 2 weeks later there still was no power. I was never so glad to get back to Fl. in my life. I remeber saying as I got on the plane " I love you all but I can't wait to get out of here, I have never been so glad to leave a place in my life"!

The christmas my step dad beat the hell out of my mom.. broke our tree and threw all of our presents out into the snow... i was like 8.. then the christmas after that my mom called my dad to say she didnt want me anymore.. and to come get me.. she wouldnt let me open presents.. she handed them all over to my sisters.. said ill be getting presents from other people.. those were the worst

Well my first Christmas (1996) I was away from home we (the idiot I was with at the time) didnt have money for a tree so I made a fireplace on the wall out of construction paper. Later in the month found out I was Preggie with my 1st daughter.

The next year my Daughters 1st Xmas (1997) we gotten into a HUGE fight and I took off to my parents house after Thanksgiving Tennessee to Maryland and stayed till after Christmas (hence my daughter didnt spend her 1st Christmas with her father) When I came back after Christmas found out he was seeing someone else and she had been staying at my apartment :rant: the whole time with him calling everyday telling me how much he loved/missed me.

Hes still an idiot, other than giving me my Baby Girl. Thank goodness I finally got my head right got away from him, still have to deal with him tho :2bat:

Those were 2 rough holiday seasons.

My worst Christmas was Christmas of 1990. We had just moved to Germany from Michigan, and my dad was shipped out to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Storm on December 21. It was my mom, me (age 11) and my 2-year-old brother in a German neighborhood. We didn't know anyone in the area to associate with, and we were an ocean away from family. I couldn't really enjoy the gifts because all I wanted was for my dad to be home for Christmas (he came home June 1991).

Wow - I spent Christmas 1990 alone in Germany too! We just got there in October and hubby left for Desert Storm in November. Luckily I did get a job on base so I had something to do to help pass the time.

My Christmases have been pretty good compared to everyone else who has posted. The only Christmas that I can remember that was hard for me was when my son had left home in Oct. to go in the Marines and he wasn't home for Christmas that year. I was pretty depressed not to have him with us in 1998.

Wow - I spent Christmas 1990 alone in Germany too! We just got there in October and hubby left for Desert Storm in November. Luckily I did get a job on base so I had something to do to help pass the time.

I think having a Christmas like this just makes you appreciate Christmas more. I know I do.

My heart goes out to all of you who have had to deal with such pain and heartbreak at a time when it seems the whole world is basking in happiness. I've had some "somewhat-less-than-the-Waltons" Christmasses in my life, but there was always something to be happy about.

*raises her glass* Heres to all HAPPY CHRISTMASSES to all of you from now on (and to a few good bargains before that!)

My heart goes out to all of you who have had to deal with such pain and heartbreak at a time when it seems the whole world is basking in happiness. I've had some "somewhat-less-than-the-Waltons" Christmasses in my life, but there was always something to be happy about.

*raises her glass* Heres to all HAPPY CHRISTMASSES to all of you from now on (and to a few good bargains before that!)

*raising my glass* Cheers to you and everyone on this site!