So me and a friend are thinking about camping out for the X-box 360.

FatRocky

So me and a friend are thinking about camping out for the X-box 360. We called some stores last night and got some responces we wern't really expecting.

Best Buy is doing a lottery thing this year for it. Meaning you get there when the store opens (10:00 A.M.) here and it goes by the luck of the draw. We thought that was complete BS so screw that. We are now going to Target and going to camp out at Mid-Night. The 40 people in line that get tickets will be guranteed one X-box 360. My plan is to buy one and sell it on ebay a few weeks before X-mas to make as much money on it as possible. Only problem is I got college from 8-2 that day but it will be well worth it if I can get a system. What time you guess think I should get to Target to camp out?

I definitely think that lottery thing is crap as well, I hate that system.

That said, some Targets open at different times depending on location. For instance, if they open here at 6am, I'd be there at 1-2am. You can always rest in your car until the line starts (unless it already has of course). At another two years ago, they had some fantastic deal (forget what) and I got there at 4am (they opened at 6). There was about 40 people in line already.

Guest DigDoug

Why can't they just produce enough units to meet demand so people don't have to camp out for them and people can't buy them for the sole purpose of reselling them?

This is scalping on the average person's level.

So me and a friend are thinking about camping out for the X-box 360. We called some stores last night and got some responces we wern't really expecting.

Best Buy is doing a lottery thing this year for it. Meaning you get there when the store opens (10:00 A.M.) here and it goes by the luck of the draw. We thought that was complete BS so screw that. We are now going to Target and going to camp out at Mid-Night. The 40 people in line that get tickets will be guranteed one X-box 360. My plan is to buy one and sell it on ebay a few weeks before X-mas to make as much money on it as possible. Only problem is I got college from 8-2 that day but it will be well worth it if I can get a system. What time you guess think I should get to Target to camp out?

good idea;) :gd_twocen

A hell of a lot more that that. Preorderes on Ebay are at $800 already. You can double maybe even triple your money

The only one I see thats close to 800 is the one that ships on the 19th. Other than that, most premium systems seem to be going for ~500. We thought about selling our 1 system, but for 100 its not worth it to hubby.

The only one I see thats close to 800 is the one that ships on the 19th. Other than that, most premium systems seem to be going for ~500. We thought about selling our 1 system, but for 100 its not worth it to hubby.

Thats just the pre orders. I have see the ones to ship on the 22nd go for $650 all the way to $800 in recent weeks. They always go for a lot more when launch day rolls around. My brother was selling PS2's on launch day for $1000 a piece. He has made a science of this lol. He turned me on to the idea

Mara