If your child wants something that doesnt' exist

dorkydiva

Yesterday DD told me she wanted something that I don't believe exists. I told her that you can't find that anywhere to which she replied, "Santa can make it!" I said he makes wooden toys, etc. but everything else he gets at the store. How would you have responded or have you had this happen before?

What did she ask for?

She has the dress-up dresses for Princess Anneliese and Erica from Barbie Princess & the Pauper. She said she wants Erica's headband and the shoes for both of them. I'm not sure they ever made them, but even if they did you wouldn't be able to get them now because you can't even find the dresses.

I guess I could always check ebay...

She has the dress-up dresses for Princess Anneliese and Erica from Barbie Princess & the Pauper. She said she wants Erica's headband and the shoes for both of them. I'm not sure they ever made them, but even if they did you wouldn't be able to get them now because you can't even find the dresses.

I have never seen these things but maybe you can get a headband/slippers that look very similar?

If not then I guess more Barbie items since your child seems to like it.

That is so nice of you, susiejwp! Unfortunately, I am computer illiterate and digitally dumb, so I can't post a picture. One of the girls shoes are light blue and the other's are pink, so I might be able to find some generic dress shoes along those lines. My daughter is just used to having the Disney princess shoes that have the princesses pictures on them, so that's probably what she would expect. As far as Erica's headband, it is pink and light blue flowers so I think I might buy some silk flowers and hot glue them on a plain headband.

Good news! I was in Big Lots today and saw a Princess and the Pauper Erica dress-up set on the clearance table. It was the last one!!! It has the shoes, headband plus a necklace and earrings. WooHoo!!!

Way to 2 go. That's exciting news to know that you was able to find, what you thought was not available. :mail:

Good news! I was in Big Lots today and saw a Princess and the Pauper Erica dress-up set on the clearance table. It was the last one!!! It has the shoes, headband plus a necklace and earrings. WooHoo!!!

How awesome!!:banana01:

The only thing we've had with Cailyn is she asked for a "real-live" green puppy last year. However, we found a Beanie Baby green puppy and Santa put a note in with it that he didn't want to have to dye a real dog but this one was a lot more loving. ;)

How awesome!!:banana01:

The only thing we've had with Cailyn is she asked for a "real-live" green puppy last year. However, we found a Beanie Baby green puppy and Santa put a note in with it that he didn't want to have to dye a real dog but this one was a lot more loving. ;)

Just so you know..there is a real LIVE green puppy in California. Its a golden retriever. I read it online somewhere. It was on a California news station. :g_thumble

I was reading this thread and I got so excited when you wrote to say you found it!! I think its great.

Odds are she will be so excited opening her gifts xmas morning she wouldn't even notice that she didn't get those specific items, if she does, just tell her that the elves are very busy and can't make everything but look at all the wonderful things Santa did bring for her, that usually works!

:D Man when I really thought about it, my son does that alot and I kinda brush it off. He is really into his vsmile. I got him a vsmile pocket for christmas and he is always asking for games they dont make...like a dragon tales vsmile pocket game, then you tell him they dont make them so he asks for another vsmile game they dont make like arthur...it goes on and on :D

I bought my daughter a beautiful dress on ebay IMO it is much better than what you can get at dept stores. DD wanted to be Stephanie off lazytown for halloween but she is 8 and we couldn't find the costume for anything above a size 4/6. I talked her into being a flower princess I painted a flower vine on her cheek and on her upper arm to go along. here is a dress just like the one I bought it is only 19.99 and comes with the gloves and headpiece. DD won first place in the school costume contest. They also have other colors available. and the turnaround was only 3 days. if the link doesn't work just copy and paste it to your browser. if she gets this she'll forget about the shoes I promise!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-CHARMING-WEDDING-PRINCESS-FLOWER-GIRL-DRESS-9-10_W0QQitemZ8232246362QQcategoryZ3263QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mandy

TX

:wub: