Outlet Mall Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

beccas302

Just found out that the outlets near me (Castle Rock, CO) will be opening up at 9pm on thanksgiving! This will be the first time we've lived near outlets, so we're not sure what to expect, other than a madhouse! I'm mainly going for the Under Armour store, since that's all DS will wear these days.

I go to the outlets each year. This is how we handle it ( keep in mind our outlets open at midnight but some stores will open a bit earlier) I live only about 30 minsd from the outlets but we leave at 9pm. I refuse to leave any earlier then that because I have to spend the day with my family. We got stuck in traffic about an exit before the outlets and by the time we actually move , get in and find a parking spot it is around 11ish. Depending on sales we decide which store to go to first but we always hit the LESS popular stores first since most outlet stores have the same deals n plenty of them until 6-10am. Its a mad house at stores like coach and childrens place until around 2-3am, by then it is a ghost town since every has left for big stores so thats when I hit the busier stores and always get everything I came for.

Last year was my first year shopping the Outlets on BF. They opened at midnight, but I made my trips to Walmart and Target first and sent the hubby to Sears and Home Depot. I got to the Outlets around 5 a.m. and it was a ghost town, but I had the absolute best shopping experience there. Got a parking spot right at the front, no long check out lines, the employees were in great moods and were very helpful. Plenty of deals left and I was giddy over all of the awesome stuff I bought...lol. I will definitely stick to that routine again this year.

Just saw this article from earlier this week:

sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-sawgrass-thanksgiving-hours-20111006,0,416406.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Sawgrass Mills to open 24-hours for Black Friday shopping

Mall to open two hours earlier from 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day

By Arlene Satchell, Sun Sentinel

5:38 PM EDT, October 5, 2011

Sunrise's Sawgrass Mills is planning to offer 24 hours of non-stop shopping to kick off the Black Friday shopping season.

The mall said Tuesday it will open its doors from 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, through 10 p.m. Nov. 25, to give shoppers a head start on exclusive deals and bargains.

"This is a major first for Sawgrass Mills and it is a great way to kick off the holiday season," said Joellyn Fellmeth, director of marketing and business development in a statement. She said stores will be open two more hours compared to last Thanksgiving to give retailers and shoppers more opportunity.

Last year Sawgrass opened from midnight Thanksgiving through 9:30 p.m. the following day.

It was the first South Florida mall to kick off the tradition of a midnight Thanksgiving opening.

The mall's previous Thanksgiving midnight openings have drawn throngs of South Floridians looking to get first dibs on sales and promotions – some offered for a limited time only.

Last year an estimated 30,000 Black Friday diehards waited in lines for the midnight opening.

For a nominal fee, shoppers laden with holiday purchases will be able to take advantage of a new shopping bag storage and shipping service launched this year. They can either store their packages at the mall while shopping or have them sent to their home, hotel or airport.

Shoppers not wanting to hassle with finding their own parking space can also take advantage of valet services during the holiday season, mall officials said.

Fifteen minutes after the midnight Thanksgiving opening last year, the mall's 12,000 parking spaces were completely full.

Located at 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., the shopping, dining and entertainment complex has more than 350 name-brand outlet and off-price retailers, two food courts and six full-service restaurants among other amenities.

[email protected] or 954-356-4209.

Copyright © 2011, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

• 3 weeks later...