Where to buy stockings?

holly2hottie

My son has a nice furry red and white one with a white thread embroidery of Santa on the red stocking part and his name embroidered in white thread on the white top part. It looks really nice, especially since it's 12 years old.

I found it in a special holiday kiosk at the Sawgrass Mills Mall all those years ago. Keep your eyes open, you may see one you like anywhere.

I looked all over last year and they are so expensive and since there are 5 of use I was hesistant to buy one. I wanted traditional looking ones, not character ones. Right before Christmas at things remembered they went on Clearance for 14.99 embroidered, and they had a Buyone Getone Sale, so 2 were only like 23 bucks..... they're very traditional though, don't know if you were looking for something more fun.

Actually when I just checked on line they're 14.99 now with BOGO!!!

They have red and green and snowflake

When I was a baby my mom had mine knitted by a lady she knew with my name and date of birth and I still use that stocking. I would love to get my kids ones like that but I don't know anyone that can knit. My kids do have stocking with their names sewn on them. We got them from the mall. They have this kiosk set up there every christmas that sells stockings and ornaments that are personalized. You can check to see if your mall does too. If not you might want to check ebay. They might just have what you are looking for.

I would like to get new stockings for my family. I would like them embroidered with their names and really nice looking. I have looked all over and online and so many look cheesy. Anyone know of any place I can look? Thanks.

We need to buy new ones too. We got our last ones handmade at a mall...and when my sis and I were little they were also handmade by a friend of my dad's. Maybe this thread will help me too.

I saw needlepoint stockings on the JC Penney site last night. They are usually 29.99, on sale for 11.99 and personalized free. My picture is not that great, but they look cute.

For some reason I can't get it to link to the page. Just go to www.jcpenney.com

Look under Home Furnishings and then on the left go to Holiday at Home

I started making stockings and tree skirts a long time ago. They got way too high in the stores. As a matter of fact, I just sold a set the other day, mantle cover, tree skirt, four stockings, and a table runner. I haven't tried to put names on them but I may try it this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw needlepoint stockings on the JC Penney site last night. They are usually 29.99, on sale for 11.99 and personalized free. My picture is not that great, but they look cute.

For some reason I can't get it to link to the page. Just go to www.jcpenney.com

Look under Home Furnishings and then on the left go to Holiday at Home

If you are still looking for them Jc penney has them I got 3 yeaterday of the 9.99 ones (they were the 11.99 reduced again) and I used the code wxphuge and got 30% off. So they were 6.99 with momgraming

I would like to get new stockings for my family. I would like them embroidered with their names and really nice looking. I have looked all over and online and so many look cheesy. Anyone know of any place I can look? Thanks.

Target the have intials for 1.00 :gd_not_ri :gd_not_ri

Personalized Wool Needlepoint Stocking-6 Patterns

Holiday celebrations begin with a gaily decorated mantel. Our wool-over-velvet needlepoint stockings help create a joyous setting and you can have each one personalized with up to 11 letters, free! Approximately 10x17"L. Wool yarn front, cotton velvet back. Spot clean. Imported. Stocking holders shown are sold separately.

To monogram this item, click the monogram box then add to bag. You will then be prompted to select a font style and up to 11 characters for 1 line of personalization. Please note: monogrammed items cannot be returned.

Matching Needlepoint Stocking Holders

New! 14" Hand-Made Wreath

Christmas Tree

Family

Santa

Sleigh

Snowman

Teddy Bear

Product (Click on product below for more information) Price Now Color/Style Qty Monogram

Personalized Wool Needlepoint Stocking-6 Patterns $29.99 $9.99

You can use the code TEACHER for an additional discount, but can't remember how much.

http://www.jcpenny.com Search for stocking

Hey there.

I bought monogrammed velvet stockings last year for my family at the pottery barn website. There is free shipping and your cost before tax would be $19 with monogramming. They are very well made and they should last several years. The medium size listed is actually pretty large. You can fit socks, bags of candy and some other extras in there very easily. I hope this helps.

*also, they mispelled my husbands name the first time around. We called to get it corrected, fully intending on sending the other back, but they sent a brand new one perfectly made. We have an extra stocking that we can monogram on the other side. . .nice for chldren that don't know the difference. All in all, great customer service. :)