Gift ideas for a 2 (almost 3) year old girl?

best4less

Alright, I need a little help here with gifts for my niece. She is 2, will be 3 in April. I thought I knew what to get her and now I am having second thoughts lol. Would love to hear some ideas. My youngest will be 9 next month so its been a while since I had to buy for a 2 year old. I know for certain I will be getting her the Dress and Dance Dora doll. I'd like to get her at least 2 more gifts- $30 or under each. I was thinking of the Disney Princess dress-up trunk and maybe a toy vanity but I don't know, I could see her getting bored with that fairly quickly. Any ideas?

What about a play vaccum? Walmart has a little hoover and it's like $15. I got it for my son when he was 18 months and he is now 3 and still loves it. Everytime I vaccum he vaccums too. Also the crayola color wonder sets are great too. If you haven't seen them, they are special markers and fingerpaints that only color on special paper or books. Great for that age when they are still learning and there is no mess if they color on tables or furniture.

My youngest DD will be 3 in january :) So far I have bought her a Video Now Jr, 3 Videos to go w/ it, a play Mixer to go with her kitchen (she LOVES her kitchen) a Power Touch w/ 2 books, a Learn Through Music (Fisher Price) and some coloring books and crayons & a Aqua-Doodle. I also made her a No-Sew Fleece blanket. Dolls are always a plus as well. Toy cell phones....

Anything Dora or Carebears is good. My middle daugter just turned 3 and the thing she wanted most this year was a doodle bear.. which was right up her alley since she writes all over everything... it's one of those bears that they can color all over with markers and then mom puts it in the washing machine and you start all over..... I think somewhere had them for 10 bucks recently, and the glow in the dark one is on sale for BF for 20

Alright, I need a little help here with gifts for my niece. She is 2, will be 3 in April. I thought I knew what to get her and now I am having second thoughts lol. Would love to hear some ideas. My youngest will be 9 next month so its been a while since I had to buy for a 2 year old. I know for certain I will be getting her the Dress and Dance Dora doll. I'd like to get her at least 2 more gifts- $30 or under each. I was thinking of the Disney Princess dress-up trunk and maybe a toy vanity but I don't know, I could see her getting bored with that fairly quickly. Any ideas?

I have a 2 year old that will be 3 in January. She gets bored w/ EVERYTHING easily...lol. But she did have a vanity that would play w/ and I bought a lot of stuff to go w/ it....like rings and shoes and stuff at the dollar store for cheap. I bought her a new one for Christmas this year to replace it. But unless you get it at Walmart or something it's probably going to be more than $30.

Anything Dora or Carebears is good. My middle daugter just turned 3 and the thing she wanted most this year was a doodle bear.. which was right up her alley since she writes all over everything... it's one of those bears that they can color all over with markers and then mom puts it in the washing machine and you start all over..... I think somewhere had them for 10 bucks recently, and the glow in the dark one is on sale for BF for 20

I also bought my daughter an Aquadoodle for the car for Christmas. Wanted one she could leave in there and I didn't have to throw in the washer all the time.

Get her a play kitchen. You can get the little ones pretty cheap at WM or TRU. Or, does she like writing, drawing, playing school? If so, you might want to look into getting her a Deluxe Standing Easel by Melissa and Doug. I have one for my 2 year old, and she absolutely loves it!

Guest all2tired

All of the above suggestions are great. Left me nothing to add on to it.

Little girls love to pretend they are cleaning too so the vacuum idea was a good one. They like playing house so a little play kitchen or tea set always work. Anything Dora works, little doll strollers or doll she can feed. a canopy bed for her doll. Anything to draw or paint with. You may want to cosider the crayola things that only work on the certain kind of paper so she doesn't get paint or markers on herself or furniture. Boxes of Stickers with her fav character on it. Teddy bears. Little girls are much easier to buy for than little boys.

My girls, age 3 and 5, are REALLY into My Little Pony stuff. The ponies hold up well and offer hours of imaginative play. Hasbro sells My Little Pony stuff online and you can use the code HASBRO25 , for 25% off and free shipping.

boscovs.com also has some My Little Pony stuff that is difficult to find elsewhere, including clothes.

Good Luck!

Ok, here is what I bought my granddaughter who will be three in Dec.

Vtech smiles computer....49.00 I think

Vtech learn to write computer...I think it was just around 30

Light Bright...says ages 4 and up but I think she can handle it

Lincoln Logs, she loves to build...TRU has BIG set for 29.99 I think

Large Cinderella Doll

Baby Ariel Doll. I think it was 15.50 at the Disney store, but she's an Ariel freak

Playskool has the Cinderella playsets, I think they are around 30 and I thought the Aquadoodle looked cute. Oh, also if you have a TRU nearby you, they have these "Sweet Streets" houses and shops that are really cute, and they are about 15 each. I thought for the price they were a good buy. I almost got them but bought the twin time dollhouse instead for 50.

My daughter got her disney dress up trunk last year and is STILL very into it! I highly recommend that one!!

I agree. My daughter loved to dress up in the disney clothes. She also loved all those little plastic heels. She would dress up and go outside to catch frogs. And I had to beg her not to wear the shoes to the store. :( Oh how I wish she was that age again. She is 7 now.

My daughter is 3 and really into the Littlest Pet Shop toys. She is getting the Whirl Around Playground and lots of pets to go with it. Santa is bringing her a V Smile and a few games. My sister is getting her the StarStation entertainment center from Fisher Price, because she loves to sing and look at herself.

Our oldest 5 kids are 21,20,18,17, and almost 15. The youngest will be 3 in March. It is really a lot of fun to be able to toy shop again!! Whenever we shop she wants to see the Magic Glow Doodle Bear, a bike, a shopping cart, and blocks. She has a MY First Leap Pad and plays with it every day. I am thinking about get her a kitchen. Any Recommendations?

Our oldest 5 kids are 21,20,18,17, and almost 15. The youngest will be 3 in March. It is really a lot of fun to be able to toy shop again!! Whenever we shop she wants to see the Magic Glow Doodle Bear, a bike, a shopping cart, and blocks. She has a MY First Leap Pad and plays with it every day. I am thinking about get her a kitchen. Any Recommendations?

If I had the money, I would get my 2 y/o one of these:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-8057746-5896169?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000067BIS

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008X340/qid=1131371587/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-8187447-7299850?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006JZCX/qid=1131371587/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-8187447-7299850?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

Little Tikes and Step 2 are very durable and would hold up well for years. I would avoid the cheaper no-name brands of play kitchens because the plastic is flimsy. I got one for $20 last year and it was a great idea but it was only about a month before the oven door broke off, the feet don't stay on...it's not going to last. But I can't afford to replace it with one of those nicer ones.