If you could only pick one....

krissy72

I thought it might be nice to share some Christmas recipies. So, if you could only pick one Christmas recipie as your best, what is it and how is it made. Everyone loves my pumpkin pie. It is nothing I made up myself, it is simply the recipie I got off of the back of a One Pie can of pumpkin. Here it is...

New England Pumpkin Pie

1 can pumpkin

1 T cornstarch

1/2 t cinnamon

1/2 t nutmeg

1/2 t ginger

1/2 t salt

1 1/2 T butter(melted)

1 1/2 C milk (yes, milk)

1 C sugar

1/8 C molasses

2 eggs

Sift sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together. Mix this with contents of one can pumpkin. Add eggs, beaten, melted butter, molasses and milk. Add a dash of lemon juice (if desired). Line a 9- inch pie plate, pour in contents. Preheat oven and bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 50 minutes.

*I always add an extra pinch of spices for a tad bit spicer pie.*

I was hoping there would be more responses for this thread. I have been looking for some ideas so we can make our own traditions. My mom always made a punch w/ vanilla ice cream or sherbet w/ lemon lime soda, fudge, and frosted cookies. My ex mom n law used to make coffee w/ chocolate shavings and whip cream, strawberry pretzels dessert, and a cheese ball. So guys give me some recipes that I can always make.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't one I've tried since I'm not a coffee drinker, but it is a Christmas recipe.

*CHRISTMAS COFFEE*

10-cup pot of coffee

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/3 cup water

Over medium heat boil sugar, cocoa,

cinnamon and water for 1 minute,

stirring frequently. Add to coffee,

stir and serve immediately.

Stir again if served later.

Serve with whipped topping, milk and sugar.

I found this online :

Peach Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling cookies

1 cup vegetable oil

4 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups all-purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon red food coloring

2 cups sweet vermouth

1/2 teaspoon rum or almond extract

1 can (16 ounces) vanilla pudding

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, the oil and eggs. Beat well, then add the vanilla, flour and baking powder. Beat well. The dough will be soft.

Shape into walnut-sized balls (you should have about 60). Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown on top. Remove to cooling racks and let the cookies set overnight.

The next day, using a small knife, scoop out the bottoms of the cookies. (I use a serrated grapefruit spoon.) Mix the red food coloring with the vermouth. Mix the rum or almond flavoring with the vanilla pudding.

Place a small spoonful of pudding into the hollowed-out cookies, then put 2 cookies together (to make a "peach"). Dip quickly in the vermouth mixture and place on a rack wrapped in plastic wrap to dry. Roll in granulated sugar and insert the stem.

Makes 30 "peaches."

I would pick my great grandmothers sugar cookies they are a family tradition but when she gave the whole family the recipe before she died she left out something so we would always try to make them like her, no one has found what she added but we try every year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!