What if what you want ISN'T there at the start of BF?

chaarlieee

Just curious. Has this happened to anyone? Going to the store early before opening, then going in, only to find that the item you want was not even there in the first place?

Also, what are you chances of getting what you want? I want to pick up a TV this BF, but am worried that what I want may not be there, whether it's not in there in the first place, or the stock was already taken.

I have never had a problem with there not being any stock on BF. Normally the BF items on sale are not in the normal package that they sell it everyday. Last year when we got an xbox from target alot of people were just picking up the ones there had in the display case and they weren't ringing up at the sale price. We had to waituntil they brought out the ones that were in the special package to get the price and the only way we knew that was to ask cause they didn't bring them out when they opened. They kept them all in the back room.

I went to my local Kmart one Black Friday. There were only about 20 people at the door when the store opened. I was the first person in the electronics department and they did not have the 2 items I was looking for. Most of the people that were in the store went to the service desk to complain that they did not have BF items in stock. It was ugly. I left and I won't ever wast my time at Kmart again.

I went to my local Kmart one Black Friday. There were only about 20 people at the door when the store opened. I was the first person in the electronics department and they did not have the 2 items I was looking for. Most of the people that were in the store went to the service desk to complain that they did not have BF items in stock. It was ugly. I left and I won't ever wast my time at Kmart again.

Actually if they dont have the item that is advertised when they open on BF then you can get them for false Advertisement. You can always report them to your state government. They will look into it and either fine them or they will put them out of business if they get to many complaints. If it was me that day I would have caused all kinds of problems. Its one thing to be sold out of it with in the first few minutes of the doors opening but to be out of it when you were the first person in the Electronics department!! I would have been calling there corp. to find out what they were gonna do about it. Sometimes we have to remember that not all shipments get to places on time due to weather and other factors. Ive never been to a store that I wasnt able to get what I wanted.

Guest all2tired
If it's a really good buy our Kmart usually never has what they advertise. It doesn't matter if it's BF or not. And it's not that they sold out either. They always say, our shipment didn't arrive, here's a raincheck. But you never get the postcard saying it came in. I'm still waiting for a raincheck from the 10 cent notebooks for school they had advertised back in August.