Shopping Online - Need tips for this year

bfaddict1977

I've never shopped online on bf but thinking this may be the year to start. I'm planning on getting a prepaid visa as I don't do ccs and then saving what I want in carts and making sure my payment info is entered. What are the tried and true strategies for getting the most out of shopping online on bf? I'm planning on seeing if I can get my netbook for less perhaps or just other must have items. The door busters are still online bf right? Or no? Also, what time do stores usually start online? Earlier then in person?

some, but not all doorbusters are available online. we won't know exactly which items will be available in most cases until they go on sale. we always have a schedule of when each store is supposed to put their sale online, and we also have a tracker showing all the items you can order at the BF prices.

so just keep coming to the site and trust me, you won't miss a thing.

I've been online shopping the past two years. Plan to stay close to the computer early Thursday through 4-6 am on BF. I would suggest having your payment info already saved with the online store and checkout often. Don't wait to fill up your cart, otherwise things will go out of stock. Put a hot item in your cart and check out immediately, then continue browsing/shopping. Also, keep refreshing gottadeal.

The one time I tried buying something online on BF was from walmart and their online sale was supposed to go live at midnight and I was online from like 10:20 something pm waiting and refreshing on the item I wanted and it never changed. I can only guess that walmart went online at 10pm instead and it was gone already. I really don't understand how anyone can online shop on bf. Everything is gone within two minutes because people across the usa are trying to get the same items.

The one time I tried buying something online on BF was from walmart and their online sale was supposed to go live at midnight and I was online from like 10:20 something pm waiting and refreshing on the item I wanted and it never changed. I can only guess that walmart went online at 10pm instead and it was gone already. I really don't understand how anyone can online shop on bf. Everything is gone within two minutes because people across the usa are trying to get the same items.

Yes, online Black Friday shopping can be somewhat difficult, stressful, and tiresome - oh, and angering. If you do choose to shop online, one big issue is making sure you have correct times the sales start and the correct TIME ZONES. Best bet is to make a list of the time and time zone, then swap it to your time zone. This site has always been my friend when trying to figure that out: http://www.time.gov/

I did online BF shopping last year and it was wonderful - I didn't feel the rush/anxiety of trying to get everything I needed. Whatever I wasn't able to get online, I focused on getting those items in the stores. Plus - by ordering some of the bigger ticket items/bigger sized items online, I didn't have to waste precious trunk space/time loading :)

Plus - by ordering some of the bigger ticket items/bigger sized items online, I didn't have to waste precious trunk space/time loading :)

Let's all remember trunk space and safety on BF. I've heard stories where people have been followed to their car and then robbed of everything once they open trunk, truth or urban legend I can't remember.

Amazon had the best deals for me

Amazon is our usual place to shop while we are waiting outside of Best Buy. We clean up on Blurays. When Brick and mortar shopping for Blurays, it is often best to check the Walmarts that are more rural, since the clientele tend to not buy them as much as DVDs.

I always always shop online for things others would be fighting for. I live in MI and cannot get in line for 3 days at Best Buy just for a laptop or GPS. I've gotten great deals on both by getting them online although it can be frustrating. I've gotten 2 hours of sleep before doing it but I always get what I want. When it comes to electronics I always get it online, household goods, clothes anything I won't have much competition for I get it in the store.

Last year I did a lot of my shopping online with Amazon. I don't recall being tempted by any "door busters" though. Prior to BF, I made a list for each store. I wrote out the items wanted and their prices. Then I went to Amazon to see if they could match the price or come within a dollar or two. I put the items in the basket that I wanted and double checked the prices again on Black Friday. I believe that Amazon has gift cards available at the grocery story gift card kiosks.

I believe that Amazon has gift cards available at the grocery story gift card kiosks.

One of the options at a Coinstar is for an Amazon gift certificate at no additional fee.

It's not a true gift card, it's a voucher code, works the same, just not good for gift giving.

One of the options at a Coinstar is for an Amazon gift certificate at no additional fee.

It's not a true gift card, it's a voucher code, works the same, just not good for gift giving.

Thanks for reminding me! I went to retrieve a coin jar from a year of saving. Note to self and others: hide the jar......:eek:

Walmart isn't a good option because most of their black friday stuff comes in with special upc codes. I bought my Samsung led tv at sears last year a week before bf for the same price it was as a doorbuster. Everything else I get from best buy or amazon. Usually amazon because it's no tax and free 2 day shipping. I go on midnight before thanksgiving and midnight after and get about everything on my list. I've never lost out on anything. The year everyone was fighting over the Sony Handycam at Best buy, I got mine on amazon before midnight. I just go with my mom about 5am to browse and get small stuff with no pressure. I've already got a good start. GOt my sons kindle Fire on preorder and I put 25.00 a week in my amazon account so it will be paid for when it's released. I got my granddaughters Abbey and Spectra monster high dolls today. I ahve a xmas club with over 800 in it so far. It's so much better than it used to be when I had to try to get the doorbusters.

Walmart isn't a good option because most of their black friday stuff comes in with special upc codes. I bought my Samsung led tv at sears last year a week before bf for the same price it was as a doorbuster. Everything else I get from best buy or amazon. Usually amazon because it's no tax and free 2 day shipping. I go on midnight before thanksgiving and midnight after and get about everything on my list. I've never lost out on anything. The year everyone was fighting over the Sony Handycam at Best buy, I got mine on amazon before midnight. I just go with my mom about 5am to browse and get small stuff with no pressure. I've already got a good start. GOt my sons kindle Fire on preorder and I put 25.00 a week in my amazon account so it will be paid for when it's released. I got my granddaughters Abbey and Spectra monster high dolls today. I ahve a xmas club with over 800 in it so far. It's so much better than it used to be when I had to try to get the doorbusters.

So i take it that your strategy is to find a reasonable price, which is not the best price, and then mop up with the small things that are easier to fight for. Sears is usually the go to company for alternative deals when the major deals are exhausted. I can usually count on saving my personal leave allowance, and then selling it back to the company around Black Friday. It is always good for at least a week's pay.;)

The last 2 years I really lucked out with HHgregg. I wanted some small electronics and by the time I made it to the store they were advertised (I think Kohls?) they were out. I went online and found free shipping with the SAME price at HHgregg! So use that as a backup!

No, that's not what I said at all. I didn't fight for the doorbusters because I got my stuff online for the same price or better. MY tv ws the exact same price the week before and the electronics were cheaper ffrom amazon since I didn't hve to pay sales tax. Amazon beat every doorbuster or electronics deal I found.

So i take it that your strategy is to find a reasonable price, which is not the best price, and then mop up with the small things that are easier to fight for. Sears is usually the go to company for alternative deals when the major deals are exhausted. I can usually count on saving my personal leave allowance, and then selling it back to the company around Black Friday. It is always good for at least a week's pay.;)

The worst part of shopping online is getting your order cancelled (see my signature ;)). I get orders cancelled every year around BF(not all on BF). I've had four laptop orders cancelled over the last six years from BF sales. It's not because I don't have money, it's just they are OOS or THEY made a mistake on pricing. Just be careful and don't get too upset if you get cancelled, lol.

I've never had an order cancelled yet, but I did end up with 2 camcorders last year when amazon beat best buy's price a few minutes after I ordered it. I tried to cancel best buy but they wouldn't let me although it had only been a few minutes. I ended up keeping both and selling one to my oldest son.

The last 2 years I really lucked out with HHgregg. I wanted some small electronics and by the time I made it to the store they were advertised (I think Kohls?) they were out. I went online and found free shipping with the SAME price at HHgregg! So use that as a backup!

I guess I'll check them on BF. Neither the store ads or the website have had much of a discount when I've needed something since they opened locally.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on doing some shopping for BF on Amazon. I have a question though: If I add the items I'm fairly certain I'm going to order on BF into my cart, will the price automatically drop while they're in my cart? Or will I have to go through and re-add everything once the sales start? Of course there's no guarantee that the items will be on sale in the first place but I have a feeling that some of the DVDs will be.

Hopefully this makes sense. :\

Prices will rise and drop based on the current price. Found that out the hard way. I went to buy a receiver earlier in the year and added it to my cart late one evening. Was tired and did not buy it then. Got up 8 hrs later and the price went up $400 lol. Need less to say I waited till it when on sale again somewhere else.

I plan on doing some shopping for BF on Amazon. I have a question though: If I add the items I'm fairly certain I'm going to order on BF into my cart, will the price automatically drop while they're in my cart? Or will I have to go through and re-add everything once the sales start? Of course there's no guarantee that the items will be on sale in the first place but I have a feeling that some of the DVDs will be.

Hopefully this makes sense. :\

They had lightning deals the whole week of Thanksgiving last year. I bought a lot of DVD's, and video games really cheap. The price of items in your cart do not drop from a lightning deal because you have to click the link through the deal itself to get the deal price.