Washer and Dryer Black Friday deals

jrbriscoe

So this year my wife and I want a washer and dryer and we were thinking about going to home depot for it. Has anyone had any experience with home depot or sears? Also has anyone purchased an appliance like this in the past? I am wondering if they will have deals like free delivery or installation.

Any help or advice would be great!

We did the LG front load washer and dryer 2 years ago and then the kitchen package last year (frig. stove, micro. and dishwasher).

They were both great deals, the washer and dryer ended up being almost half price (paid $1200 total for 2 $999.00 items and accessories), and the power cord, vent and stacking brackets were also onsale. It also included free delivery setup and hauling of old appliance and packaging away, and it wasnt a rebate after the fact, just free delivery and setup. The kitchen package was almost the same, all the prices were greatly reduced and then the more pieces you bought they took off an extra $50-$100-$200 off the sale price, and it also included free delivery and setup. Be sure to go to the store or check online early, the washer and drying went on sale like Monday or Tuesday and the kitchen appliance were on sale like a week before BF. We got ours early and it took less than a week for delivery, I knew others that had them booked out till after Christmas.

We did the LG front load washer and dryer 2 years ago and then the kitchen package last year (frig. stove, micro. and dishwasher).

They were both great deals, the washer and dryer ended up being almost half price (paid $1200 total for 2 $999.00 items and accessories), and the power cord, vent and stacking brackets were also onsale. It also included free delivery setup and hauling of old appliance and packaging away, and it wasnt a rebate after the fact, just free delivery and setup. The kitchen package was almost the same, all the prices were greatly reduced and then the more pieces you bought they took off an extra $50-$100-$200 off the sale price, and it also included free delivery and setup. Be sure to go to the store or check online early, the washer and drying went on sale like Monday or Tuesday and the kitchen appliance were on sale like a week before BF. We got ours early and it took less than a week for delivery, I knew others that had them booked out till after Christmas.

So you have to purchase the cord and vents in addition to the washer and dryer?

I believe someone wanted the washer/dryer set from Sears last year and they were able to get it on Wed or Thurs without the hassle of waiting. HomeDepot had good deals on appliances last BF. If you're getting warranties they're probably cheaper from SquareTrade and they guarantee service within 5 days of call.

We had a microwave die from HD within so many days(60-90) and HD refused to service it/exchange it because it was now up to the manufacturer, needless to say it took weeks to get these ppl to contact us back and after several faulty repairs we got a full refund after I put up a fuss. On the other hand my Tivo HDMI died and ST offered me the cost of getting it replaced through Tivo immediately or refund of full price(no fix available) and I received my check(they could have put through paypal too but I declined) within 2 weeks of providing receipt for RMA.

LOL...yes, make sure you get the right ones(different diameters I believe) and the right length depending on location.

Dang, I didnt think of that one. Did you know ahead of time or do you have to do additional research. I thought by having them do home delivery they would package that automatically in just in case a customer were to lose the accessories.

Dang, I didnt think of that one. Did you know ahead of time or do you have to do additional research. I thought by having them do home delivery they would package that automatically in just in case a customer were to lose the accessories.

I don't think they package ANYTHING automatically anymore except for maybe the brackets for over the range ovens. You should be able to find the info needed on the sears site, they're usually pretty good about "recommending" extras but the length needed will depend on location so you'll have to measure that out or just measure the one you currently have (I'm not sure if it'll be printed with size on it anywhere) but you probably don't have access to that.

So you have to purchase the cord and vents in addition to the washer and dryer?

Depends... there are 2 different types of dryer plugs so it just depends on what you already have (you can take the old one off your current dryer). And my vent was 15 y/o so it was time for a new one... if you are going to spend that much cash might as well get a new clean vent and new cord for another $10-$15 each.

• 2 weeks later...

They are wired in also, It's not like an appliance wehre you just stick it in the slot. It has to be wired inside.

I have a maytag and had to buy my cord. They said it's because not everyone's hookup is the same or the length is sometimes different also. You can just unwire the one of your current dryer and use it. They don't plug in so it would work.

It's mostly because older houses, apts., etc., use a three prong outlet while newer homes have a four prong outlet. The wiring of the cord in the dryer is very simple.....match colors of the cord's wiring to the dryer's wiring, loosen screw for appropriate wire and attach cord's appropriate ring terminal. Simple, really.