Grab extras for Trade?

aolson

Does anyone else do this? I grabbed two DVD players one year, only wanted one, so I don't know why I grabbed two. But I did not get the Crockpot I wanted for my sister. I was standing in an aisle where a lady said, oh you got dvd players, I needed one, lucky you. She had like 3 of the crockpots in her cart, so I told her I would trade her a dvd player for a crockpot. She said yes, she had just grabbed the extra crockpot to keep as an extra gift. It worked out great for both of us! SO this year, I am wondering if I should grab extras of what I can get to, to use as trading leverage for what I want that I could not get to.

Andrea

I don't do it on PURPOSE, I just grab extra in case I don't get one of the other items I came for, or in case I think of someone else at the last minute.

By the time I get to checkout, if I don't need the extra, I'll put them back (of course someone is glad by that point, because they're sold out)

I would say depends on how "Hot" the item is when you are waiting to get one. I have grabbed two of the GB colors when they did those for like $29.00 or $39.00 each several years ago. My parents had just purchased my son one for $90.00 and wouldn't take it back.. but I had the extra game for gift.

One year, Mervins had feather comforters on sale and they just brought out a big bin of them. It was soooo chaotic that you had to just grab what you could. I was looking for a king size but could only get a queen. Instead of putting it back I walked around with it for awhile and come across another woman walking around with a king and she needed a queen, so we traded! That was awesome and certainly turned me on to the idea of hanging on to things for trade.

I don't do it on PURPOSE, I just grab extra in case I don't get one of the other items I came for, or in case I think of someone else at the last minute.

By the time I get to checkout, if I don't need the extra, I'll put them back (of course someone is glad by that point, because they're sold out)

Me too

I haven't traded but I have given up an item that I had. It was a doll, I got the last one, and there was an elderly women that wanted to get it for her great grand daughter. I started walking away thinking oh yeah that's right lady, in your face I got the last one! Then I heard that little voice in my head saying, you know you should let her have it, so I did.

I haven't traded but I have given up an item that I had. It was a doll, I got the last one, and there was an elderly women that wanted to get it for her great grand daughter. I started walking away thinking oh yeah that's right lady, in your face I got the last one! Then I heard that little voice in my head saying, you know you should let her have it, so I did.

Wow - that is nice!

Good for you!! That's what christmas is all about...not about pushing the other person out of the way in search of a deal!!:grandpa:

No. I absolutely will not take more than I need. It drives me nuts to see items appear on eBay that I genuinely wanted to buy for someone (like the dress at Target this past summer for my DD.. a lady came up and grabbed them all (on clearance) and I just happened to look for that dress on eBay that night.. some person in my SAME city had listed a few of them for double the price.. all I wanted was one dress.. sheesh).

But I've never even done it to trade. I'd guess most of the time you won't run into a person wanting to trade, then you have to off the item before you hit checkout.. it's just another headache IMO. LOL.

Does anyone else do this? I grabbed two DVD players one year, only wanted one, so I don't know why I grabbed two. But I did not get the Crockpot I wanted for my sister. I was standing in an aisle where a lady said, oh you got dvd players, I needed one, lucky you. She had like 3 of the crockpots in her cart, so I told her I would trade her a dvd player for a crockpot. She said yes, she had just grabbed the extra crockpot to keep as an extra gift. It worked out great for both of us! SO this year, I am wondering if I should grab extras of what I can get to, to use as trading leverage for what I want that I could not get to.

Andrea

I do this too. There really are some great people out there...and then there are the :gd_shake:

I had a similar experience last year at Comp USA with the Laptop they had for I guess 399 after or before rebates, I forget. It was the one they handed out vouchers for and I was about 12th in line, and got one of the vouchers. But I found a few others things that I wanted, so held off on the laptop. I dropped my stuff off back in my car and walked into where the laptops where and found a guy milling around, looking around. I asked him what he was looking for and he said the cheap laptop. I said you had to have a voucher, and he looked sad, but I said he could have mine, and gave it to him.

I felt much better doing that then I think I would have selling the voucher to several people who offered to take it earlier in the morning while I was shopping the first time around right after the doors opened.

I've never done it on purpose, but last year they had the GB Advance SP for 59.99 and I was getting it for my mom to buy for my nephews, she got stuck in the crush at the door so I kept going, but didn't know what colors she wanted so I grabbed 6 and headed back to her. When she took the ones she wanted there were a couple of moms who had braved out by themselves with little ones in strollers and they couldn't get near the pallet so I handed them out to them.