You know what would be neat?

alimfp

I'll try to explain this.. I've seen it on other sites. (Made up names to follow..)

Mary sees the GottaDeal site on CNN's article. She types in the URL and decides to join the forums. When joining, she doesn't use a referral link of course. Since she does not, GottaDeal's site automatically credits one person a referral for Mary joining. The site does this randomly for each person who joins withOUT a referral link.

To add to this.. GottaDeal only gives a referral credit to people with 50 or more posts (aka somewhat active users at least). Those with less posts cannot receive referral credit from a random person joining (they can only receive referral credit IF they give their referrer link out to others of course).

Credit = GottaPoints of course.

Make sense? I hope so. But then again, maybe admin doesn't want to give out GottaPoints that easily. :P

Interesting idea, but we'd probably wouldn't do it. With so many new users registering (almost 3,000 today alone, and most without a referrer), it would basically just be the same as giving everyone with XX posts a bunch of GottaPoints. We'd rather people earn them :)

Good point, Brad, thanks! :)

Ross - I kinda hit 23 a few days ago and steadied out, so I bet I'll stay around that now, lol. :)

iiiisix - How did you find the forums? I initially found them through Google, so no one would have rec'd points for my signing up. Now if I had clicked a link on a forum elsewhere, there's a possibility it would have been a referral link.. :P