*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

I put the blame on the BUYERS more than the SELLERS, its a $99/$149 item, REFUSE to pay more for it! Make them mugs stuck with a $1500 bill! But that is never going to happen. I stand strong in I will absolutely pay no more then what they are marked (aside from shipping) Just like I did for a WII, Just like we did for the Ipad2, just like we did for those dumb rats, oh I mean hamsters, last christmas LOL

Exactly

How about we do the buddy system here. Anyone who's headed to by tomorrow morning to try to snag one and can pick up another for a fellow GD'er, announce yourself here. And if ya do just happen to pick up more than one, mention it here tomorrow. Maybe there's a fellow GD'er in your neck of the woods who would like one as well.

Kim3498 - if you can, I'd appreciate the 16 GB one and I can compensate you accordingly. I'll PM ya for details.

I got one at BB on Wednesday night. They limited them to one per customer. I got lucky. Went in around 5:30pm Got in line at 6pm and walked out at 7:30 with a 32gb. Funny coincidence while in line I got an email from HP saying my order from them had been canceled.

Clint

I got one at BB on Wednesday night. They limited them to one per customer. I got lucky. Went in around 5:30pm Got in line at 6pm and walked out at 7:30 with a 32gb. Funny coincidence while in line I got an email from HP saying my order from them had been canceled.

Clint

Boy were you lucky! Glad you got one. Enjoy

Yes, I can confirm that at least two BB's in Northern Virginia had them this morning. I was second in line at my BB. There was a line of about 20 folks. The employee opens the door at 10:00 am, whispers to the couple in front of me (the first people in line) that they should go to Customer Service. I ask if that is where we should go for the HP's and he won't answer me. I follow the couple, see an employee with a HP at Customer Service. The couple pays for it. It gets bagged and handed to them. Then ALL the employees turn around and tell all of us that are waiting that they only had 1. And they just sold it to that couple. Did not even make sense unless all the employees bought them up! It just seemed like everything was just for that couple...10:01 and there was nothing left of the HP's that they supposedly just got on the truck...

Well, the BB down the street was getting 70 of them. At 10 am, they already had 50 people in line. By 11:30 they had 150 people in line. They said that their truck was arriving at about 1:00 pm and they wouldn't give out vouchers or tickets because some stock has been "disappearing" (words of the manager). There was no way that I could get in line all day so I officially gave up!

Can anyone confirm that any Best Buy actually had some to sell this morning, weather or not you were able to get one. Did anyone buy one or see anyone else purchase any?

I drive 35 miles one way from my home to BB in Hagrestown MD...they had them but they gave the ticket to ppl who were lined there from early morning, so no luck for me:no:...and the manager told me that they r not sure if they r getting more or not!!

THanks, I used the tracking and the store nearest me shows them in stock. I am on the phone with them rightnow. They will start selling them at 8 pm. No one in line yet, but I don't know if I want to drive 60 miles when they wouldn't even tell me how many they had.

I've been to three different bb stores around and usually they get 25 of each unless it's bigger town.

I heard some bigger cities got like 50 of each. Anyway good luck!

I've talked to many people and came to conclusion that THEY SIMPLY WON'T SAY ANYTHING TO YOU!

Especially on the phone, even you go to store and try to ask, they'll say either no they don't have in stock or they don't know.

So your best bet is going to store person as soon as you see "in store only", go ask for manager.

the link is not 100% accurate. So I guess you have to take your chances.

I've talked to many people and came to conclusion that THEY SIMPLY WON'T SAY ANYTHING TO YOU!

Especially on the phone, even you go to store and try to ask, they'll say either no they don't have in stock or they don't know.

So your best bet is going to store person as soon as you see "in store only", go ask for manager.

Yeah I totally agree. But this time they were right. The guy told me they were working on the online tracker and about 15 minutes later it no longer said that store had any in stock. Oh well.

The online tracker for best buy said unavailable for my store. Just figured I'd stop by when I get off work and see if they had any. Got there at 5pm and walked out 5 mins later with a 32gb one!! I couldn't believe it. I have been hunting one since saturday when this whole thing started. Scored mine at the Nashville West BB. Good luck to everyone else still hunting!

The online tracker for best buy said unavailable for my store. Just figured I'd stop by when I get off work and see if they had any. Got there at 5pm and walked out 5 mins later with a 32gb one!! I couldn't believe it. I have been hunting one since saturday when this whole thing started. Scored mine at the Nashville West BB. Good luck to everyone else still hunting!

Wow, that is so great....we don't have BestBuy and it seems to be the only B&M store that might carry them. I am hoping maybe HP will get in all the stock from stores that don't want to sell them. I thought these might make great Christmas gifts

Wow, that is so great....we don't have BestBuy and it seems to be the only B&M store that might carry them. I am hoping maybe HP will get in all the stock from stores that don't want to sell them. I thought these might make great Christmas gifts

I don't have any BB either :( I was told at Office Max that they were sent an email to "take them off the shelves" so I am thinking some stores sent them back to HP too, we can dream right?

I don't have any BB either :( I was told at Office Max that they were sent an email to "take them off the shelves" so I am thinking some stores sent them back to HP too, we can dream right?

Our Staples store told me this also, the gal said it was so strange they were pulling them all off, I was telling her that HP was no longer going to produce them and she said that makes sense. I heard Costco pulled all of theirs and sent back, so maybe they will have a sale later on. I was actually not interested at first but then I thought it would be fun for now, guess I didn't come to that conclusion fast enough LOL

Wow, u r super lucky. I have been EVERYWHERE, online and in stores for the past few days and nothing...I have finally given up and am just hoping there is a good android tablet sale closer to CHristmas..but ENJOY yours =)

Over on kindle forum, they say the new amazon tablets coming out this fall are reported to be 249.00. There is no better company than amazon. With the kindle if you have a problem of any kind, just call them and they overnight you a new one and give you 30 days to return the old one.

Wow, u r super lucky. I have been EVERYWHERE, online and in stores for the past few days and nothing...I have finally given up and am just hoping there is a good android tablet sale closer to CHristmas..but ENJOY yours =)

I have been to bb EVERYDAY this week n NO hp tablets. Sure enough today, the day I didnt go,,there was a big delivery n I missed it by only a few people and they say that is the last they will get! i officially surrender :mad:

That's the kind of luck I have also! Maybe another good deal will come along.

I disagree with that statement. I called the store by my office a few times and each time I was told they would come in that day or the next. I stopped by the store at lunchtime and chatted with the security personell at the front door and they said the truck usually comes in around 6pm to come back at that time. I went back that evening and was able to get mine. Everyone at the store and on the phone were very nice which surprised me. I wouldn't be so nice if I had to answer the same question all day...

I think if you'll take the extra time to go into a store and find the right people they'll tell you what you need to know. Ask them when there truck usually comes in. That's about all you can hope for because even though the manager probably knows what he's supposed to get in a lot of the time they don't get what they are expecting. I was in transportation all through the 90's and we delivered to Best Buy and Circuit City stores. The orders were never the same as what they expected..

Clint

Delivered today, using it now.

The start up time on this thing is ridiculously slow. The keyboard has nice big buttons that I am not used to yet but I feel like my iPhone has a more responsive keyboard.

When it shrinks webpages to fit the screen the quality of the image on the screen is not that good until I enlarge it.

I am making so many typos although this has autocorrect but argh this keyboard is not good. This is NOT a cheap computer replacement! Do not buy this with that hope. Web cruising, not a lot of typing, fine.

don't know if the hubs has downloaded apps yet.

EDIT: I must also add that closing an application is not very intuitive. I had to dive back into the instruction manual to figure it out.

Playing with it, you can see why it didn't sell. But for $98 bucks shipped (thanks HP for accepting my coupon! $98 bucks, after CA tax and CA recycling fee plus free shipping) I can't really complain. It's at the "toy" price.