*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

Hi Everyone

I ordered from Sears and was going to be receiving a price adjustment, 10 days later, still no touchpad and found out today that my order will be cancelled. I had stopped searching because I thought I was supposed to be receiving mine, so just wondering if any of you got one that you're willing to sell to a fellow gottadealer, let me know. Thanks!:)

I got another confirmation from HP. Both of my orders from the business site went through. I may have a couple extra that I don't need - I only orderded the 2nd order because I didn't think the first one went through. Anyone in AZ that needs one let me know. Just pay the sale price plus the tax and original shipping.

I got another confirmation from HP. Both of my orders from the business site went through. I may have a couple extra that I don't need - I only orderded the 2nd order because I didn't think the first one went through. Anyone in AZ that needs one let me know. Just pay the sale price plus the tax and original shipping.

I'm up for one :D (but I don't live in AZ).

I'd like one too....I'll happily pay your cost + shipping.

I'll meet the previous offers and raise ya someone from AZ. ;)

Hi Everyone

I ordered from Sears and was going to be receiving a price adjustment, 10 days later, still no touchpad and found out today that my order will be cancelled. I had stopped searching because I thought I was supposed to be receiving mine, so just wondering if any of you got one that you're willing to sell to a fellow gottadealer, let me know. Thanks!:)

Sears is still showing the 32GB in stock at $349 however I'm not one lil' bit surprised they're gettin' orders, price matching or not, and canceling every one. Not even they have any in stock.

About the only places that WILL have 'em in stock are the rip-off resellers. Sure, I want an HP tablet, but not that badly :no:.

Bloomberg reported earlier that due to the demand, HP will resume manufacturing until October.

Yup. MarkAtHP stated:

HP will be manufacturing a limited quantity of TouchPads with webOS during our fourth fiscal quarter 2011, which ends October 31.

Still waiting to see if they're gonna offer the Touchpads for the same 'Fire Sale' price.

Edited by stationchief

the only reason people bought was because of the price, don't you think?

Precisely the point :yup:. It's a great deal for a touchpad. That's why I think they are gonna sell 'em for the same price. They won't raise the price back up. If they do, buyin' one is no better than giving in to these eBay/craig's list leeches selling 'em for two or three times their purchase price. They're good, but not THAT good.

After 2 NON stop weeks of searching, phone calls, ordersd being cancelled..I FINALLY have a hp touchpad!!!!!!!!Thank goodness!! Now on to more important things......like thinking about Black Friday :D

Congrats. That's great. Where did you end up finding it?

Congrats. That's great. Where did you end up finding it?

At a store called AArons. I had to call around since they all make up their own prices per store I guess and some were just outrageous. But I ended up getting the 16gb and a REALLY nice leather case..so I was really happy!

If they are going to continue making them through October I wonder if Best Buy will get more..... I just called all 3 stores in my area. One store has a recording answering the phone saying they do not have them,another store is saying they don't expect to get more, and the other store is saying they may get more, but don't know for sure. :no: I'm starting to get a headache. Anyone else had any luck?

If they are going to continue making them through October I wonder if Best Buy will get more..... I just called all 3 stores in my area. One store has a recording answering the phone saying they do not have them,another store is saying they don't expect to get more, and the other store is saying they may get more, but don't know for sure. :no: I'm starting to get a headache. Anyone else had any luck?

That's what the Best Buys around me said just before they got their limited stock last week. As to whether or not they'll get more every now and then, I guess the only thing anyone can do is keep checkin' in with 'em and keep an eye on their online in stock product tracker. It's almost a gamble tryin' to find one. Ya keep rollin' the dice and hope ya get lucky.

And yes, it is headache worthy. I only wish the cure didn't cost $149. :(

Did anyone else notice that Office Depot has the 16gb Touchpad in their sale paper for $399.00? OfficeDepot.com had them for $129.99 when everyone else dropped them to $99.99. Makes me wonder if the next batch will be on fire sale after all.....

Seemingly, ads gets printed way in advance. OfficeMax has them listed as a "New" item (to them) at their original price. But if you go to OfficeMax.com, it says they no longer carry the item. They're in hhgregg's ad as well.

If you go to Office Depot's on line ad, they have edited the HP Touchpad right off the page.

I'm in AZ!!