Will the stores force the removal of their BF ads?

mrsnshick

Some BF ads were leaked pretty early this year. Do you think the merchants will force the site to pull the ads like they tried to do last year? They didn't want their ad out to the public until THEY released it!

My guess is that they will so I'm saving the ads to my hard drive just in case!

why should they bother... It generates more press time for them.

If Walmart's ad is out sooner, it might just get more people in line at Walmart...

I can see the downside though. Some BestBuy honcho could now be reading the Walmart ad and planning a counter-strike (so-to-speak)

Either way I bet Walmart uses a different printer next year for the ads where it was leaked. (Since they identify the local ad printer by small text in the sides of the ad)

I don't think so. I think *some* stores will do it, but not many to make a tidal wave among customers.. I could be wrong, but it's the side of me hoping this doesn't happen I guess.

I see both sides to letting the ads be out early (as far as how the retail giants must look at it). IMO, it works better for them if their ads are out early.. ;)

Guest DigDoug
Well, I'm sure Brad will let us know if the ads get pulled. I could see Walmart not liking their ad to be leaked because it could allow other retailers to undercut their prices.