12 days of Christmas idea

saraczek

This year the hubby and I were thinking of doing a 12 days of Christmas for the kids. Give them 1 gift on ech of the twelve days of Christmas. Does anyone else have any cool ideas as to how they give their gifts to people?

Maybe you could do a simple little scavenger hunt, where the clues are related to the day of the song.

We used to do this as kids, but we got 25 gifts. On dec 1st, we got to open a gift, and one a day until christmas. They were always cheap things, like chapstick, or dollar store items. But we loved it. I wish I could afford to do it for my kids. My grandma did it for us. It was alawys the highlight of my day to get to open that gift!

We used to do this as kids, but we got 25 gifts. On dec 1st, we got to open a gift, and one a day until christmas. They were always cheap things, like chapstick, or dollar store items. But we loved it. I wish I could afford to do it for my kids. My grandma did it for us. It was alawys the highlight of my day to get to open that gift!

Crissy, were they hidden inside an Advent calendar?

anyone hae any other creative ideas for gift giving?

My nephew only wanted cash. We have a $50 grab bag for the neice and nephews and he was my pick so I went to the bank and got 50 brand new singles and taped them together one after the other. I rolled them up and then put them in a decorated tissue box and taped a sign on the first bill that said "pull here". The only thing that showed at first was the sign then he had fun pulling all of the bills out of the box. He loved it.

We didn't have anything cool like that for getting gifts... but an idea for next year for giving gifts my grandma used to do for us was starting in January every week she would put a dollar into this huge soup tureen for each kid, we'd count it every couple of months and were so proud of watching our money grow. Then the first week of December we got to take it out and she would take each of us shopping to buy presents for the rest of the family.... we would carefully fork out a dollar here and there for each person... I remember that being so much fun.

My "kids", 38 & 35 still talk about the advent banner I made & had for them all their growing up years. It has impacted their Christmas forever in terms of heritage/tradition. I have now made them for my grandchildren. Make a 39" banner with a loop for a dowel out of quilted Christmas fabric. Cut out out of felt a 18" Christmas tree with 4 branches and a trunk, sew it to the quilting.

Then make 25 pockets at the bottom each large enough to hold a 1 1/2" ornament, applicate, or glue numerals to the pockets, pin each pocket with a straight pin . Fill the pockets with small ornaments...Dec. 25th being the star. Each day of December they will quiver with excitement to pin the ornament on the tree...even with a large family when they have to rotate days..it is a joy to watch them rush to see the ornament and do their pinning.

How funny!

My mom just mentioned doing this for our kid this year.

We are thinking that she will be overwhelmed with

all the stuff and won't really appreciate it as much as if she were to get it over a 2 week period.

I think we will play the song (12 days) and then

let her open a gift.

So glad to see that others think this way :)

My nephew only wanted cash. We have a $50 grab bag for the neice and nephews and he was my pick so I went to the bank and got 50 brand new singles and taped them together one after the other. I rolled them up and then put them in a decorated tissue box and taped a sign on the first bill that said "pull here". The only thing that showed at first was the sign then he had fun pulling all of the bills out of the box. He loved it.

awe soooooooo creative!!!

I did a similar scavanger hunt for my kids at Easter they woke up and found one egg in the middle of the floor the hunt lasted for thirty or forty minutes they had an egg in the mailbox in the car, the chicken coupe at thier grandparents (they lived next door) to mention a few they ended up finding thier easter baskets in thier treehouse. it was great make sure you videotape it it is wonderful to see how well a kindergartner and his baby sister figured out the clues and how excited they were when they finally got all the loot.

Mandy

TX

:idea:

My parents got little gifts for us for the twelve days before Christmas (little Christmas-themed items so we could enjoy them before Christmas). Each night they would hide them in our Christmas tree and we would have to hunt for them. This is one of my favorite memories!