New Member New BF Shopper

Ladybugpicnic

I NEVER go out on Black Friday. NEVER EVER because people just act like they're stupid. But now.....I need to be one of those people.

My daughter has a Spongebob Room (She's 4) and I want to get her the tv dvd thing from Walmart.

I think it's a decent price and I'd really like to get it for her but that is the ONLY thing I want to get. Is this possible? Is it worth it? What time do I get there? Where do I shoot for? I'm at a loss.

Do they hide EVERYTHING that's on the Early Bird ad or just the lower priced items? Like the laptop I'm sure will be in tires or something but what is your experience?

Thanks....I'm so afraid to go. I don't want to have to knock people down and get crazy. LOL But I will if I have to. ;-)

Thanks

Melissa

I NEVER go out on Black Friday. NEVER EVER because people just act like they're stupid. But now.....I need to be one of those people.

My daughter has a Spongebob Room (She's 4) and I want to get her the tv dvd thing from Walmart.

I think it's a decent price and I'd really like to get it for her but that is the ONLY thing I want to get. Is this possible? Is it worth it? What time do I get there? Where do I shoot for? I'm at a loss.

Do they hide EVERYTHING that's on the Early Bird ad or just the lower priced items? Like the laptop I'm sure will be in tires or something but what is your experience?

Thanks....I'm so afraid to go. I don't want to have to knock people down and get crazy. LOL But I will if I have to. ;-)

Thanks

Melissa

I think it depends on the store...because our Walmart always had their doorbusters in the aisles. And things like puters and tvs were in the main ones. First come first serve type of thing. But I went to my cousins where they had everything behind the counters or sealed up or hidden.

First of all, welcome to the board. :2welcome:

Second, the whole BF scene isn't as scary as most people think it is, at least not where I live. I have never seen anyone trying to run people over or acting crazy. As a matter of fact, as you will find, most of us here LOVE to go out on BF. And as it has been said, be careful going out b/c it can be ADDICTING!! The first year I went I was hooked!! I will forever BF shop now!!

This is my first post... I just found this site. (LOVE IT).. and I ALWAYS go out on black friday. A girlfriend and I leave the kids w/ our hubbies and we bundle up and go to the stores. We have saved SO much money doing this. And, around the time that all the other shoppers are ready to begin shopping, we take a break, have breakfast, unload the car and go back at it. WE always have a plan of "attack" and talk on T'giving night about where we want to hit first. It's a blast and a welcome tradition to kick start the holiday!

I just got home from my WALMART, and they have a tone of those on the top shelf, not priced. I know someone else mentioned this in an earlier post but you might want to go to Walmart to see if they have them in sight...if so ask them how much...it may already ring up at the sale price. I forgot who posted earlier but something else in WALMART's BF ad rang up the sale price, so you might want to check it out.

Things like portable Dvd Players and Game boys are always behind a counter and you have to wit in line for them, they ring them up there and you are on your way, Big items like desk tops, tv and reg dvd players are in the isles, all the isles and no rhyme or reason last year the DVD players for 29.00 were in Grocery main isle

The thing is that those Sponge Bob dvd players ($54.88) and tvs ($89.77) are being sold right now separately at the walmart nearest my house. On BF they will be sold as a bundle (walmart is calling it a pack) for $99.77. According to the scans of the early bird ad it will not be the tv/dvd all-in-one combo, but a separate dvd player and tv like they are selling now, so I wouldn't think that they would ring up the special price yet. I don't suppose it would hurt to try to get one of each and take it to a price scanner and try, but unfortunately I don't think you're gonna luck up on that one.

~H~

Guest all2tired
Welcome to the group. As others have said, it's not as scary as you think and it really can be fun. Have you checked the print ad for walmart (on GD), the tv might be available online. I don't know because I'm not looking for a spongebob tv. I do know that some things I want from Walmart are also available online but others are in store only.

Welcome!! A lot of people refuse to go out, but they have no idea what they are missing - yes, it's crazy and not always in a great way, but for the most part it is worth it!!! :D

I use to be one of those people to, but then I went out 1 year and have been hooked ever since!;)

It's not as crazy as you would think. The only crazy one I seen one year was a Walmart employee screaming "Leave that pallet alone!" Other customers were pulling stuff off of it and other employees were standing around watching it and laughing... with me beside them. :D While that one lone diehard employee was screaming "Stop them!" :cheesy:

I don't even remember what it was they were going crazy for, but I still got mine by just waiting there for the nuts to get out of the way. :D

And there's no way I would miss a BF now. I am an addict and proud of it. :cheesy::woot2::D:tongue1:

I've only been doing black friday for about 4 years. I always thought people who went out on this day were nuts. I love it! I definetly see why people are addicted and keep coming back every year. Even when I don't have a lot of things to pick up, I still like to go. I also have learned to take my ad's and have different stores price match (Walmart is the best). I always get what I'm after.

I don't mind the scramble but the waiting in line is what sucks. I'd buy the item ahead of time and PM it the day of if you can do that. Worst store is Best Buy. I literally went into the store (2 years ago) and got my items within 10 minutes. Then waiting in line for almost 2 hours to check out. If they could find a way to speed up the checkout process it would be great.