Walmart Adjusting Layaway prices for BF

fadedroze

Walmart right now is 10%

Yeah but they don't actually keep your money. It goes for the purchase right? At Kmart they tack on an extra $5 to your order and it's not refundable. Also if you pay say $50 then decide you don't want the layaway(Kmart requires you to pay every 2 weeks on your layaway) they charge you another $5 in addition to the first to cancel it.

Last year I wanted to put some stuff on layaway before BF. I asked the lady if they would adjust the prices if they went on sale BF, and she said no. I asked to speak to a manager and he came out and explained that the stuff that goes on sale BF is never in the store before Thanksgiving week and is never ever put out before BF, so nothing I put on layaway will be on sale. He said that is how it is always done. Today I went to Walmart and looked for the stuff from the BF ad, and I didn't see any of it, so he must be right.

Wait a second... I'm confused. What if you get something at Walmart on BF and put it on layaway that day (say the HP laptop for $398). Does this mean once it's no longer BF that I have to pay the price I'd normally pay (in other words, if it was really $698, I'd have to pay off $698 as opposed to $398)?

How could they do that? Isn't that false advertising, or bait and switch?

I plan on putting the laptop in layawy before BF, then I plan on getting a price adjustment done on BF during the blitz hours. Legally if the ad mentions the model number and it is the exact same as what I have in layaway I don't see how WalMart would have any legal ground to stand on not to honor the ad. (Different UPC code or not.)

My local walmart already has the shelf sign out for the laptop regular price $688. I checked but there isn't any in stock right now, so my name is on the list to be called when they do come in stock.

That's my plan anyway.

Wait a second... I'm confused. What if you get something at Walmart on BF and put it on layaway that day (say the HP laptop for $398). Does this mean once it's no longer BF that I have to pay the price I'd normally pay (in other words, if it was really $698, I'd have to pay off $698 as opposed to $398)?

How could they do that? Isn't that false advertising, or bait and switch?

Nope you are reading it wrong. They will only adjust the price down...not up. If an item goes lower they will lower it. But if it goes up they are not going to charge you more. Also I might add that not all Walmarts will automatically priceadjust a layaway....so if you put something in now and expect it to automatically go down to that price...it may not. HTH.

Wow I am so lost LOL

I dont have the option as I do BF shopping while in travel BUT just cause I am the type to want to know can someone help me out?

If it is placed in Layway today it will automatically go down(but not back up) and you can get the layway with in the 90days?

how does that make for long lines? Why would any of the people that got stuff before even be in the store? Or am I missing a crucial point?

... If it is placed in Layway today it will automatically go down(but not back up) and you can get the layway with in the 90days?

how does that make for long lines? Why would any of the people that got stuff before even be in the store? Or am I missing a crucial point?

The long layaway lines on BF are due to people putting early bird sale items into layaway so they can get the BF sale price and then get it out sometime before Christmas.

If it is placed in layaway today, then you'll have to get the layaway out on BF (the register will then adjust the price to the BF sale price), because if you don't the price will go back to the regular amount. This is according to my store, so check the policies at your store 1st since they could vary.

Ok so I still think I am missing something....I sorta see the benefit of putting it in now to hold and getting it out on BF since you would(hopefully) now you had the right thing and knew you would be getting it...but then so many said that Walmarts computers wont be set up to get them out on BF that is still hazy for me

But If you are gonna stand in line to get in and wrassle for it why then go stand in another long line to put it in layway that day? Why not just pay and skedaddle to the next store??