What will be the "Hot Toys" for 2011?

jellybean051901

My ds loves these trash packs. He has gotten a 12 pack, 2 x 5 packs, and a 2 pack. The little garbage truck is cute. I can see him playing with these with the truck. I went ahead and got him the truck for Christmas. I will pick him up a few more packs when they have a B1G1 50% off.

These DO look interesting for little boys.

I found a list of hot toys for this year:

1. Let's Rock Elmo

2. Rock Star Mickey

3. Kre-O

4. Barbie and Ken, Barbie Basics, Hairtastic

5. Nerf Barricade and Vortex

6. Beyblades

7. Monster High

8. Transformers

9. Hot Wheels Video Racer

10. Hasbro Live Games

11. Littlest Pet Shop

12. Figit

13. Captain America

14. Cars 2

15. Strawberry Shortcake

16. Hot Wheels Wall Tracks

I don't know if I agree with this list.

Any thoughts on the Xia Xia hermit crabs. They come out in October and have supposedly already been named a hot toy. They are made by the same people who make zhu zhu pets.

I was wondering about those too, I don't want to preorder it, because the shipping almost costs more than the little crab (at TRU.com). The crabs are selling for $9.99 and the shipping is $6.11. I'm wondering if they will be at other stores or can you buy it at the actual TRU stores not just online?

I saw several green Figits at our Walmart...not impressed...not worth $50!

My 7 year old played with one at TRU and really liked it, but I quickly decided that would be a toy we would "visit" at the toy store only and not be bringing it home! I think my kids would lose interest in it very quickly if they got it as a gift, and I agree it's not worth $50.

My 7 year old played with one at TRU and really liked it, but I quickly decided that would be a toy we would "visit" at the toy store only and not be bringing it home! I think my kids would lose interest in it very quickly if they got it as a gift, and I agree it's not worth $50.

Bought DD7 the pembo last year that she just had to have and it is sitting in her room collecting dust. I refuse to buy her the figit.

I am so glad my kids are teens now. I remember back in the day fighting for the original gameboy at Walmart during BF. A mad house,people dove in the bin, it was about 10 deep, I managed to get one because some one was looking for a specific color and was throwing the ones he didn't want to the crowd. I don't know, the toys today just seem so lame compared to when I was a kid.

I don't know, the toys today just seem so lame compared to when I was a kid.

I agree. even the things they brought back out like littlest pet shops aren't as good as the originals. My daughters play with the toys that I had and think they are great. DD7 does use my mom's barbies as grandma and grandpa much to my mom's dismay.

I am so glad my kids are teens now. I remember back in the day fighting for the original gameboy at Walmart during BF. A mad house,people dove in the bin, it was about 10 deep, I managed to get one because some one was looking for a specific color and was throwing the ones he didn't want to the crowd. I don't know, the toys today just seem so lame compared to when I was a kid.

Yeah I feel the same way. A few months ago I wa talking to my wife about how all of the HotWheels type toys are overly complicated and too fragile for our son (3) although he loves the cars. Got to talking about the awesome set I had as a child. Well one thing led to another and next thing you know I was on ebay scooping up the same folding garage set I had as a kid ! Not sure who loves it more, me or him LMAO.

Yeah I feel the same way. A few months ago I wa talking to my wife about how all of the HotWheels type toys are overly complicated and too fragile for our son (3) although he loves the cars. Got to talking about the awesome set I had as a child. Well one thing led to another and next thing you know I was on ebay scooping up the same folding garage set I had as a kid ! Not sure who loves it more, me or him LMAO.

I thought these looked kind of fun for young hot wheels lovers, plus it gives them a place to store all their little cars:

http://www.amazon.com/Neat-Oh-Hot-Wheels-ZipBin-Ramp/dp/B003C6ELEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317852144&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Neat-Oh-Wheels-ZipBin-Collector-Playmat/dp/B004R5APEA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317852144&sr=8-2

I have a couple young car enthusiasts at my house and thinking I'll get these for Christmas with a big pack of cars for each.

They're Lite Sprites. They are light up color changing fairies. I also think DaGeDar is going to be big this year

I agree about DaGeDar.

My son who turned 12 Aug. 17, wanted these for his birthday but they weren't out yet.

I will bet this will be Number One on his Christmas Wish List.

I will be looking for these this season!

What would be good for my 3 year old granddaughter that has everything? HELP

When my DD was 3 she got a pass to the zoo near us. She is 8 now and we still get her a zoo pass. If she lives near you it would be a great outing whenever the weather is pretty.

If you want toys, I would add to the above post and say a dollhouse, puzzles, books, a train table (they even have a train in pink) or wooden building blocks.

I saw several green Figits at our Walmart...not impressed...not worth $50!

ours found the purple and blue ones at walmart.. I do NOT think they are worth $50... BUT it's the ONLY thing so far that she has asked for.... soooooo it's on layaway at kmart lol.. but i am hoping that Amazon will do a price drop and i'll be able to snag one up for cheaper and just return the other one. Amazon does have it down to $39.xx already thought about buying it since it IS$10 cheaper.. but thinking it still might drop a little more, maybe! lol

My DS7 wants some HexBugs - he said today that he only wants 30 nanos. LOL jeez - 30 of those little things buzzing around the house would drive me nuts! I have seen these around for a while - so i don't think they'll be 'hot' - but they appear to be popular in my house. :)

These get boring really fast. We bought for DS7 last year and now they just sit. He has all his IWAKO hamster erasers set up in the track.

2nd to electronics, is a hot topic of BF. Now Walmart and TRU have widely varying choices on their lists. I have not seen Target's Top 10 list, but you can be rest assured that Elmo and his drums are on it. Yesterday in Target in Florida it was $58.99 and they had all the extra instruments. Who knows how far that will come down...Walmart has beyblades as a top seller...TRU and Amazon do not. Price matching may come in to play big time.

Is it me or is the media just pushing electronics on the older kids now....

What's everyone's opinions? Let's gab till we get an ad:cheesy: