What will be the "Hot Toys" for 2011?

jellybean051901

I have this VHS copy of all the old toy commercials that they used to flood the airwaves with. It is a great tool to put in front of your children. Just pop it in the VCR, and wait for the inevitable, "I Want that!" to come out. I tried it out on my son, and he wanted about 80 percent of the boy toys on there. It also has girl toys as well. Same reaction. He wanted an easy bake oven.... Edited by jaymacfla

I'm not sure how the let's rock elmo is going to play out, but the accessories are hard to find already. Especially the guitar. My son, 2 yrs old has to stop and play with the display at Target every time we pass by. I bought the whole set because I don't want to risk it selling out closer to the Holidays. I even bought him the matching shirt because it was so cute. BTW my son loves Elmo and anything Sesame Street.

I think a sleeper toy may be the T pain microphone. It just seems gimicky (sp) enough to be hot and hard to find.

Another gimicky thing that actually looks fun is the angry birds board game. It is already hard to find and backordered or out of stock most places.

Those Monster High dolls seem like they will be hard to find too. I looked at them in TRU since everyone on here was talking about them and was so suprised at how expensive they are.

Also, those leapster leappads are selling out or in limited supply already.

Just my thoughts...

I have this VHS copy of all the old toy commercials that they used to flood the airwaves with. It is a great tool to put in front of your children. Just pop it in the VCR, and wait for the inevitable, "I Want that!" to come out. I tried it out on my son, and he wanted about 80 percent of the boy toys on there. It also has girl toys as well. Same reaction. He wanted an easy bake oven....

I still want an easy bake oven. That was one of the toys that Santa never bought me as a kid.

The top toys in my house are the Let's Rock Elmo (dd1), the leapad (ds4) and those monster high dolls for dd8. DS4 also wants the few remaining toys from Toy Story that he doesn't have.

I think boys that are into hot wheels are going to love the track that goes on the wall. And the manufacturers are definitely pushing electronics on the older kids.

I got the older easy bake oven. The newer one is $20 more. I don't know why it's worth it exactly.

From a review I read, it is more user friendly and no light bulb to replace. I'll look to see if I can find the review, I think it was in our paper a few weeks ago.

Here's a short version, the one I had was more detailed

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/16/hasbros-new-easy-bake-oven-ditches-the-light-bulb/

Hasbro's New Easy-Bake Oven Ditches the Light Bulb

By: Allie Townsend

Topics: business, easy-bake oven, hasbro, kenner inc., lifestyle, lightbulb, toys

Though NewsFeed's childhood would suggest that cookies taste better with burnt fingers, society seems to have come to an impasse with dangerous kiddie cooking.

This week, Hasbro announced that its iconic Easy-Bake Oven would abandon its nefarious light bulb, a byproduct of toy's 11th redesign. Understandably, we're shaken by this news and as you search for blame, point your finger at the environmentally conscious set. As we began to phase out traditional light bulbs for the more energy efficient compact fluorescents, the death of the 100-watt light bulb was imminent – as was our childhood culinary experience. (At least we didn't let something as frivolous as safety concerns to alter our favorite childhood hazards.) "This gave us a reason to do it completely differently," Michelle Paolino, a vice president of global brand strategy at Hasbro, told the Associated Press. "We wanted it to look more like a real appliance, not a plastic toy."

LIST: The 100 Greatest Toys of All-TIME

Still, it's hard to believe that from now on, American youth won't know what it's like to learn about cooking (or burn units) by way of plastic ovens and light bulbs. Introduced in 1963, Kenner Inc.'s Easy-Bake Oven was the original chemistry set for confection. Children followed painfully simple cooking instructions – mostly of the "Add water. Stir" variety – to yield miniscule cookies or brownies. The updated version, the Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven ($49.99), features a warming unit closer to a traditional oven that can climb to temperatures of about 375 degrees while the outside of oven "remains only warm to the touch," according to the AP.

Allie Townsend is a reporter at TIME. Find her on Twitter at @Allie_Townsend,on Facebook at Facebook/Townsend.Allie or on Google+. You can also continue the discussion on TIME's Facebook page and on Twitter at @TIME.

Edited by mgmckny
added article

Looking over DD's list I don't think I am going to have to find any "hot toys" She thinks some of them are neat but does not go on and on about them. I am going to pick a few things from her list that I know she will play with, but her biggest items (I hope) this year will be a wii and a desktop(tower is used but still sufficient for her. My boss is upgrading the computers at work and I am getting the old one!!)

so I thought I was the hip cool momma... We do LOTS in our house but I've never heard of this stuff!!! I didn't even know leapster had made an leap pad... if it is capable of playing Angry Birds I'm sure DH will buy it because he is tired of DS5 taking over his iPad!

Any veteran girl toy bargain hunters have a good guess how low the Disney Princess Total Fairy Castle might go for over the next couple months? It is $145 now at Amazon. It is called Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle at ToysRUs and is $159 there. That is way to pricey for us, and I am wondering if I should wait for a deal or go ahead and get DD a used one from one of the older castle models. Thank you for any insight!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-Total-Fairy-Castle/dp/B004SN67T8/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1318774615&sr=1-8

The Mattel web-site has the castle listed without the princesses as $149.99. If you subscribe to the Mattel site, they send out on-line codes for things like free shipping and sale codes. They just sent me a 20% off and free shipping code that was only good on the 13th. I seem to remember getting lots of e-mails from them last year in Nov/Dec. I wouldn't wait too long to purchase if you find a good deal on it. Last year Mattel sold out of the Barbie Dream House weeks before Christmas.

After seeing Skylanders today at TRU (they had an awesome display) I would say these are going to be HOT for Christmas. And to sweeten the pot TRU has a B2G1 free on all video games and accessories. So these are included. If you have 3 game systems you can get one for free. I picked up the 3DS and the Wii plus a tower storage (my free item). Since I spent $100 I get an exclusive Skylander . They will send you a certificate by email and the end of the promotion which states 12/24, so it will be awhile. I also did two other seperate transactions and got 3x 3packs and then 3x 1 packs. I think I might go back and get some more of the cute storage towers and then 2 cases.

I just went in to check it out. And when I walked in it was swamped and the sales guy was telling me how much everyone is buying. I did not want to wait till a better sale, because I think these will be hard to find later in the holiday season.

Does anyone know about the Xia-Xia Hermet Crabs? They look cute. Wondering if should bother with them. I don't want to end up with a bunch of crabs laying around with the hamsters. :o

They are made by the same company that makes zhu zhu pets. I can see them keeping the hamsters company at my house.

After seeing Skylanders today at TRU (they had an awesome display) I would say these are going to be HOT for Christmas. And to sweeten the pot TRU has a B2G1 free on all video games and accessories. So these are included. If you have 3 game systems you can get one for free. I picked up the 3DS and the Wii plus a tower storage (my free item). Since I spent $100 I get an exclusive Skylander . They will send you a certificate by email and the end of the promotion which states 12/24, so it will be awhile. I also did two other seperate transactions and got 3x 3packs and then 3x 1 packs. I think I might go back and get some more of the cute storage towers and then 2 cases.

I just went in to check it out. And when I walked in it was swamped and the sales guy was telling me how much everyone is buying. I did not want to wait till a better sale, because I think these will be hard to find later in the holiday season.

Thanks for posting this. I went and did 3 transactions myself. I saved $48. I'm so glad I got these my kids have been wanting these.

I am thinking about a leapfrog leappad for granddaughter 2 and grandson 18 mos(yeah, yeah, he plays with moms computer and cellphone...will grow into it). Do you think they will be hard to get closer to christmas? Was wanting to get a sale price, if they go on sale, but concerned they will be hard to find. Thinking of putting two (pink and green) on layaway just in case. Thoughts!

I am thinking about a leapfrog leappad for granddaughter 2 and grandson 18 mos(yeah, yeah, he plays with moms computer and cellphone...will grow into it). Do you think they will be hard to get closer to christmas? Was wanting to get a sale price, if they go on sale, but concerned they will be hard to find. Thinking of putting two (pink and green) on layaway just in case. Thoughts!

I think they are in the TRU Big Book. If you have the reward card you will earn money back I think. Not sure if they have any other coupons on the book that will work but it is worth checking into.

My daughter wants "Crib Life" finally found the one she wanted at Walmart for $14.99. I saw Justice has them too for $24.99. I have been checking into the leappad and can't find one. My sister got one for free with her bank rewards! My DD also wants liv spa dolls. Snagged one of those today too!

They are in the TRU big toy book as a bundle. If you can find that it is the same price as buying just the leappad

When my DD was 3 she got a pass to the zoo near us. She is 8 now and we still get her a zoo pass. If she lives near you it would be a great outing whenever the weather is pretty.

If you want toys, I would add to the above post and say a dollhouse, puzzles, books, a train table (they even have a train in pink) or wooden building blocks.

The zoo idea is great!