omaha steaks for a gift

copados1993

My cousin just called and asked me if I'd want to have Omaha steaks as a Christmas present!!!!! We're on a very tight budget since my husbnad is in the military, so this is something we wouldn't do for ourselves. She didn't say what it was that she was going to send, but wanted to make sure it was something we'd enjoy. Are these really as good as they say, or are they just normal tasting steaks with bigger price tags???:gd_detect

I've bought from Omaha once before. The meat is very good and tender. I got their usual 66% off deal but it was still around $10 per pound for steaks and burgers. I wouldn't buy it again for myself but It'll make a nice gift you. :)

They're not that great. The beef isn't even good Nebraska Angus, it's from out of state. Anyway, if you want some good steaks you should call Anthony's Steakhouse...they will put them on dry ice and send them to whomever. They are MUCH MUCH better, and CHEAPER!

Okay, first let me say I'm in Nebraska, just outside of Omaha. My family owns a very popular resteraunt here that's been in business for over 40 years. We ONLY use Omaha Steaks in the resteraunt. They are very, very good. Tender, cook up really nice, not too much fat. Personally for our family here at home, I can't afford to purchase them all the time, but I try to buy some through the resteraunt when we have a little extra money.:banana01: Hope that helps some.

Okay, first let me say I'm in Nebraska, just outside of Omaha. My family owns a very popular resteraunt here that's been in business for over 40 years. We ONLY use Omaha Steaks in the resteraunt. They are very, very good. Tender, cook up really nice, not too much fat. Personally for our family here at home, I can't afford to purchase them all the time, but I try to buy some through the resteraunt when we have a little extra money.:banana01: Hope that helps some.

Since I can't afford to go out and buy them since my husband is in the military, I thought it was really great for my cousin to want to send us a package from there for Christmas!!!It's a treat we otherwise wouldn't have had!:2cloud9:

I made something with the beef tips from OS the other day and Dh said he could tell the difference because Omaha Steaks are so much more tender.

We buy from them alot. Mostly the hamburgers during the summer, the more you buy the less it costs. We like the beef tips also.

I'm sure you'll love them.

I got them as a gift from my mom once. Pretty good gift idea but the quality was only ok. I can't say they were worth the money she spent, but she did get a deal that cam with extra burgers, a cutting board and some cheap steak knives. For day to day family meals I'd say they are good. If you do price them out though it is a bit too much for what you get.

Want some great (very expensive though) steaks?? go to www.thepalm.com

It is one of the best steakhouses,along with Ruth's Chris. Very pricey but HIGH quality.

I got them as a gift from my mom once. Pretty good gift idea but the quality was only ok. I can't say they were worth the money she spent, but she did get a deal that cam with extra burgers, a cutting board and some cheap steak knives. For day to day family meals I'd say they are good. If you do price them out though it is a bit too much for what you get.

Want some great (very expensive though) steaks?? go to www.thepalm.com

It is one of the best steakhouses,along with Ruth's Chris. Very pricey but HIGH quality.

My husband and I went to Ruth Chris steakhouse in northeastern PA a few years back and spent close to 200 for the 2 of us. I will have to say, it was the BEST steak I've ever had. I've never heard of that other one.