When Do You Put Up Your Tree/Decorations?

elena_398

Well, I spent today going through lights and inflatable yard decorations to see what needed to be replaced. Luckily nothing did. I will be re-arranging furniture tomorrow and getting the house ready. Then I will put everything up next weekend inside the house. The week of BF I will put up all of the yard decorations.

Nope your not ;) Im a crazy Christmas woman too!!! You sound like a gal that would love a place called organized christmas! http://organizedchristmas.com/forums.html

I'm a member of that message board too!

To answer the question, I always intend to decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but I never to seem to make it that long. I usually end up putting the decorations up about two weeks into November. This year though, I will HAVE to wait until Thanksgiving. I will be moving the week before Thanksgiving. I won't be able to decorate until I get unpacked.

I get so anxious this time of year because I want to decorate now!!! But hubby and kids just make me promise not to do it before Halloween. I know a few of my dollmaking friends have year around trees. They just decorate them for whatever holiday is coming up. If I had room for that I probably would do it, too.lol

Well, we'll string the lights up outside SOON (but won't turn them on until at least Thanksgiving). Just need to get them up before the snow and massive cold hits! Then the rest of the outside will be done within a few days after Thanksgiving. The inside gets done ON Thanksgiving :)

I have been wanting to get some decorations sort of like the ones that my grandparents used when I was little. I found a big box of the old kind of lights at a garage sale for $5.00. It has about 13 strings of lights in it and they ALL worked! I also bought a box of 48 BIG candy canes for the yard at the same sale for $5.00. I got lucky that day. The older lights, big colorful bulbs, are so pretty to me, but the ones WM has now just don't seem to be the same as the old ones. I am having two trees this year, yeah! I found a white one that I had to have, so I'll put all of my snowman decorations on it and I'll put all of the home made ornaments on the green one. BTW, I sold my first original Christmas pattern this week so I am so happy. (shameless plug, I know!lol)

I love craft shoes. I go to tons every christmas. Especially the school one. The crafters are so creative with the school stuff. Love the wreathes too. I buy one almost every year for the front door

Me too, although the last few craft shows I've been to I ended up buying more food than crafts. (Good food at craft shows.):fryingpan