Apple Ipods

Facemob

please keep in mind- pc requirements for ipods are windows 2000 or xe-those of us stuck in the past and running windows 98 or 98 se will probably have to go with the mp3 players from creative labs. they are the only ones i have found that will work with all operating systems-except win95, of course!!

please keep in mind- pc requirements for ipods are windows 2000 or xe-those of us stuck in the past and running windows 98 or 98 se will probably have to go with the mp3 players from creative labs. they are the only ones i have found that will work with all operating systems-except win95, of course!!

thanks for the tip, i was going to buy a ipod for my brother, but i dont think he has new software on his computer :g_thumble

Guest BrownCow
Target occasionally offers 10% off for on-line purchases and they carry iPods. Other than that, the Apple education store noted above is the best bet.

If you want a 4 Gb black nano right now for $199, try your nearest Microcenter. They made a price mistake in their latest flyer and put $199 instead of $249, but they're still honoring the price until the stock runs out in stores. There's a limit of one per customer and there're reports that they'll actually ship them to you if you call them and pay for shipping to your state/city.

Slickdeals.net (as well as FatWallet) has a thread with a scan of the ad and me people succeeded in price-matching in Circuit City and Best Buy, but it really depends on the cashier/manager.

That's about as hot of a deal as you can get on a spanking new Nano.

Has anyone try this? Does this really work for the 60GB ipod video?

$399 - $30 - $30 = $339 + tax.

If you go to the apple store online and put your items in a cart and save the cart, after about two days, they'll contact you via email with a coupon code for $30 off your order. Then purchase your items through their educational discount on-line and save an additional $30.

Do I really need to be a teacher to get the educational discount? It ddoesn't ask for any type of verificaion.

I thought ipods were set at a price by apple? From what I heard, the stores don't make much of a profit on them.

They are.

You will not find a different price unless you're using a store coupon like 15% off and then it would be different.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone try this? Does this really work for the 60GB ipod video?

$399 - $30 - $30 = $339 + tax.

If you go to the apple store online and put your items in a cart and save the cart, after about two days, they'll contact you via email with a coupon code for $30 off your order. Then purchase your items through their educational discount on-line and save an additional $30.

I did this. Apple sent me a $30 additional discount to use if I spent $300 or more. I got the 30gb Ipod (personalized), a $15 itunes gc, and a clickshield shipped to me for $292.15. I'm happy and I'm sure my 15 year old "Rock on!" daughter will be thrilled. Thanks so much to the OP and to GottaDeal for saving me money!:D