Black Friday 2011 Anticipation Thread

Guest vita555

Is so excited to see the forums open!!!

I am definitely thinking a trampoline for my DD who will be 5 by Christmas. They are almost always on sale BF. I am also planning on getting her a kitchen set w/tons of accessories. I have already got a few smaller things: Littlest pet shop and My Little Pony. I got those on clearance. I was planning on giving to her for her bday but ended up getting her a bike so I am putting those up for Christmas. I also have a good bit of presents for the women in our family thanks to Walgreens sales.

My twin boys, age 13, is who I will probably be doing most of the shopping for on BF. I am hoping to get a good deal on a 32" HDTV. I also need a Playstation 2 or possibly another gaming system if the price is right. I am also planning on getting them a new basketball goal.

I see the usual suspects back this year on gotta deal. Love to see the crew back. I just got back from aruba (thank God I dodged Irene). I have to admit I was laying on the beach thinking about black Friday. I dared not to mention my thoughts to DH. He would've had a heart attack. I'm back in NYC rip & raring to go for black Friday. brad I'm winning a shirt this year. If I don't I'm having one made...hehehehe

Is anyone else annoyed by these pre-black Friday sales? I'm like come on give me a break!!! I got 2 emails this week siting BF prices in august. It takes the whole fun out of it!!! I expect this around Halloween. But retailers are getting THIRSTY!!!

My first post on the Black Friday 2011 forum :gdnum1:

I'm glad others are just as excited and pumped as I am for BF and are making lists! I try to keep myself from talking about it and thinking about it too much until after Halloween but that plan rarely works!

Last BF was great but afterwards I took a few lessons away from it. Wal-Mart’s splitting of times really sucked; by the time I got there (around midnight right after they started their midnight sale), all their movies were picked over more than it was in the past BFs. Since I really just wanted movies, I found it tedious to get to the movie areas since they roped a lot of places off for their other BF sale. The second lesson learned is that I should utilize Amazon's online sales leading up to BF more since they had great items last year. The last lesson is that we need to get to Target earlier. We would prefer to wait in the cold and be in the top ten than sleep longer and be #30 or 40.

Is anyone else annoyed by these pre-black Friday sales?

YES....I've been getting one every other week or so and never anything worth while..

In other news the new walmart is decent inside but has barely any parking and the entrance was ridiculous. Unless they get their game on if hardcore shoppers show up I definitely see bad things happening on BF. There was a line formed for going into store and we were told only THAT door would open. About 15 minutes before store opening everyone ELSE got out of their cars and formed another line just ahead of the 1st person in our line but just across the street and they were all allowed in before US geniuses who had formed an orderly line. I'm not upset, there was nothing really to be had but it doesn't bode well.

Is so excited to see the forums open!!!

I am definitely thinking a trampoline for my DD who will be 5 by Christmas. They are almost always on sale BF. I am also planning on getting her a kitchen set w/tons of accessories. I have already got a few smaller things: Littlest pet shop and My Little Pony. I got those on clearance. I was planning on giving to her for her bday but ended up getting her a bike so I am putting those up for Christmas. I also have a good bit of presents for the women in our family thanks to Walgreens sales.

My twin boys, age 13, is who I will probably be doing most of the shopping for on BF. I am hoping to get a good deal on a 32" HDTV. I also need a Playstation 2 or possibly another gaming system if the price is right. I am also planning on getting them a new basketball goal.

I might be able to get you a playstation 2 for your boys, I sell used games and trading cards on eBay for a job so hit me up if ur interested.