Big screen TV question?!?!

Momto32003

DH wants a Big Screen. He is not a BF shopper but lucky for him I am. LOL :g_dance:

I told him he should want until BF to get one. Maybe if he can't get one from the early bird specials (can't get in line or no-one has any) he still might find a better sale.

What do you all think? Am I leading him on to wait that long to get it?

TIA!! :D

Depending on how big you want. We bought a 64" Sony last year. It was kinda a last minute purchase but I don't recall any BF ads on Big Screens. I would just keep an eye on the circulars between now and then. I noticed that my WalMart has some on clearance recently. Good Luck.

I don't remember there being any on BF last year either. I know that Walmart has a 51 Magnavox for $897. I believe that is an everyday price. Our Walmart has a 51 RCA for around the same price too. I'm not sure if they all have the same or not.

But I am holding out for BF hoping that there will be one also. :crossfing

My big screen has one leg in the grave and waiting for me to push it in.

Thanks, he is looking at something between 42 and 57 in. He needs a certain one that he can play his video games on. Not sure which kind it is. He is also looking for one without a glare and one you can see no matter where you are standing/sitting I know they are upwards towards $2000 though.

Thanks again...We are definetly keeping our eyes open.

We're looking as well.. IL's want one and I think that may be their gift this year. Though we're looking for something around 32" probably.

My parents want a big screen and have been watching Costco as they have them at good prices occasionally. :)

if your looking for big screen to play games, then a tv with DLP technology would work perfectly, because you don't have to worry about burning up images on the screen, and they are brighter than your normal rear projector. I have my eye on a rca 50 dlp at wal mart for $1899. I'm just hoping they have it on sale sometime in november so that I can buy it.

HUbby is going to get a 52in for $2100, warranty for $150 and they are going to throw in a $300 TV stand for free. He isn't going to wait and he is getting it now. Hope it doesn't bite him in the butt later.

Thanks all!! Good Luck with getting your new TVs.

What is the difference between the HDTV, LCD and the other kind? Last year when hubby was in Korea I managed to put a 42" LG for $1100 on layaway. He moaned and groaned and cried like a baby that I was spending too much money, so I cancelled the layaway. I am kicking myself, because we just priced them and they are close to $2800.:yuck: :yuck: :(:yuck:

What is the difference between the HDTV, LCD and the other kind? Last year when hubby was in Korea I managed to put a 42" LG for $1100 on layaway. He moaned and groaned and cried like a baby that I was spending too much money, so I cancelled the layaway. I am kicking myself, because we just priced them and they are close to $2800.:yuck: :yuck: :(:yuck:

That's a really good price for that particular brand/size. I would venture to say that was probably an LCD or a plasma, and at that price, that would be a real steal! Which place did you find it at?

the lower end High Definition tv are rear projection, a lot of times the line of sight is limited and you have to sit center to enjoy it 100%, these tv's have a high risk of screen burn in, wich is when you leave something on the screen for a long time, like a video game on pause, when you change the channel that image will be permanently "burned" on the screen.

DLP tv use a microchip with thousands of micro panels that reflect light into a color wheel, because it uses light from the start they are usually brighter, and they don't get screen burn ins like the other

lcd is a liquid crystal display that gives you great picture and a really thin profile. like plasma, the only problem with plasma is that it uses thousands of gas pockets that intereact with each other to form color, after a few years these gas burn out and you have to buy a new tv.

some of the best technologies available right now are probably DLP, Lcos and the sony Wega technology. I wouldn't spend my money on plasma anymore, hope that helps